PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP, car won't start

87rustbucket
04-18-2018, 11:39 AM
I got car back together after porting the head, but now it won't start. I accidentally spilled some coolant in the engine bay near the starter ( forgot a coolant hose under the intake) when I went to start it the first time I heard a *click* then a little smoke come from the starter area. So I thought I fried the starter and replaced it, still won't start.

Battery is good, it was dead because I left the key in the ignition turned on, but I put a trickle charger on it and now it's fine.

Now when I turn the key to the first position everything seems normal, however when I turn to the second position (running position) everything goes weird, the door open beep changes to a strange pitch and lights go dim.

Any help would be great

87rustbucket
04-18-2018, 11:41 AM
Oh, and it won't even try to turn over

87rustbucket
04-18-2018, 11:54 AM
NVM, now I feel stupid, I did an egr delete, but I guess the egr valve needs to be plugged in

Shane86
04-22-2018, 02:33 AM
Check out the ground on the intake manifold

gcovarrubias412
04-28-2018, 12:01 PM
Maybe the timing is way off, but i dont know why it would be causing electrical issues. Make sure all connectors are plugged in correctly. Did you unplug the battery before disconnecting major systems? You might have fried a computer

87rustbucket
05-01-2018, 02:47 AM
I guess I wasn't clear, I got my car running, it was just that the EGR valve needed to be plugged in, even though I deleted the EGR system.

gcovarrubias412
05-01-2018, 04:42 AM
I guess I wasn't clear, I got my car running, it was just that the EGR valve needed to be plugged in, even though I deleted the EGR system.

Oh haha, awesome.