PDA

View Full Version : How much do 3rd gen accords go for on the used car/collectors market?

Jacob Abbott
04-24-2018, 07:11 AM
So im looking to help sell my neighbors very well kept 1987 Honda Accord DX hatchback from my neighbor. The car has 86,000 miles and is absolutely immaculate. The engine bay looks like its straight out of the factory. It's bone stock and he has a reciept for everything ever done to the car. It even has the stock accord car cover from the dealership. Zero rust only thing i could find that needs attention was the black trim has faded and the rear taillight has a small leak. its a 5 speed manual transmission. Interior is mint other than the side of the drivers seat has a wear spot.

Just wondering what a car like this could sell for?

gcovarrubias412
04-24-2018, 09:08 AM
Does it have all of the accessories? A/C, sun roof, leather seats, etc.

If it does, i’d say it can go for 6-10k depending on how perfect everything is.

Jacob Abbott
04-25-2018, 08:57 AM
It has a sunroof, A/C, cloth seats (with small tear on passenger side) manual windows and locks.

Dr_Snooz
04-25-2018, 06:49 PM
Does it have all of the accessories? A/C, sun roof, leather seats, etc.

If it does, i’d say it can go for 6-10k depending on how perfect everything is.

Say WHAT?!?!? I'll sell mine for that!

gcovarrubias412
04-25-2018, 06:55 PM
It has a sunroof, A/C, cloth seats (with small tear on passenger side) manual windows and locks.

I’d say about 4-7k for yours. IF everything works properly and is truly immaculate.

gcovarrubias412
04-25-2018, 06:56 PM
Say WHAT?!?!? I'll sell mine for that!

Lol it has to be perfect

Dr_Snooz
04-27-2018, 07:55 PM
Mine is as perfect as you can get them.

I mean, unless you have Jay Leno's machine shop, of course.

Anyway, I'll definitely let it go for that amount.

gcovarrubias412
04-27-2018, 08:02 PM
Mine is as perfect as you can get them.

I mean, unless you have Jay Leno's machine shop, of course.

Anyway, I'll definitely let it go for that amount.

Is it the burgundy coupe? If so, its definitely very clean. But it’s modified, isn’t it? If so, that almost completely destroys it’s integrity. Not trying to be an ass, but it’s the reality... All things considered, you sir, have a very beautiful car. But I think it’d be worth 3k at most if it’s still in the condition its in from those 2011 pics. Low miles, no issues, starts/runs/drives like it did 20 years ago.

Dr_Snooz
05-04-2018, 07:23 PM
It's been swapped to MT and rear discs. That's it. I won't live to see the day that collectors care about that. Definitely none showing interest in this thread....

You only have two choices at this point. You can't get most of the parts you need to fix these up properly, so either you cobble together a bunch of refurbished junkyard parts and warehouse the car for fear of something breaking, OR you start modifying it. I spent the first 10 years with this car doing the junkyard bit. It was nice, but the car needs a new brake system now. New parts are not available and I'm unwilling to use reman parts, so I'll be modifying it more if I want to drive it ever again. That's just how it goes.

gcovarrubias412
05-04-2018, 07:26 PM
Yep. Its bs that they dont make parts for us anymore. Understandable, but still bs. I’m doing the same thing; modifying as needed because of the lack of parts.