PDA

View Full Version : I have questions on fuel pumps

Shawn Silva
05-03-2018, 01:55 PM
I have an 86 accord lxi fuel injected not carb. I have plenty of cold air, pleanty of flow for exhaust, but I'm lacking fuel...I want to put a better fuel pumps that's going to give me more power but not harm anything. The engine is stock...really hard to find internals for the A20. And suggestions?? I'm trying to install a fuel rail, fuel pressure regulator, fuel pump...and of course injectors so if anyone has any suggestions on those aswell.

Shane86
05-03-2018, 02:37 PM
You could do a B16 intake manifold swap but it's recommended that you convert a car to OBD1 and you can use a walbro 255 performance pump

InAccordance
05-03-2018, 03:06 PM
From what I remember, red top dsm injectors work and are slightly higher rates. Blue tops work too but that's for if you want a turbo. Rail, your kind of sol unless you go b16 manifold. Also some Chevy injectors work, can't remember what from though but they have the same plug.
Pressure regulator, get that one that you have to cut the top of the stock one off and it mounts on top of it.
Fuel pump, yea 255 walbro is win.

InAccordance
05-03-2018, 03:16 PM
B&M makes the regulator btw. Had one my old prelude, worked great

Shawn Silva
05-03-2018, 03:25 PM
I thought the 86 accord lxi WAS obd1? Could i be wrong?

Shawn Silva
05-03-2018, 03:27 PM
I am considering the b16 manifold. Thanks everyone. I also heard I can put Volvo injectors and use the Volvo turbo with low psi if I wanted to go the option of forced induction.

InAccordance
05-03-2018, 04:15 PM
Nah, these cars aren't obd at all. Closest was the 88 to 89 lxi/Sei which were a very early obd-0.
Only thing our ecu controls is fuel. Ignition is mechanical with vacuum advance.

Oldblueaccord
05-04-2018, 07:52 AM
I have an 86 accord lxi fuel injected not carb. I have plenty of cold air, pleanty of flow for exhaust, but I'm lacking fuel...I want to put a better fuel pumps that's going to give me more power but not harm anything. The engine is stock...really hard to find internals for the A20. And suggestions?? I'm trying to install a fuel rail, fuel pressure regulator, fuel pump...and of course injectors so if anyone has any suggestions on those aswell.

The stock fuel system has a pretty good capacity esp. for the mods you suggested. 240cc injectors are probably good for 200 hp on pump gas. There is a couple formulas you can check flow vs power to get an idea. Adjustable fuel pressure reg. Is not a bad Idea I use one to tune my WOT air/fuel ratio with 330cc injectors. The oxygen sensors takes care of the rest off idle to wide open throttle engine warmed up.