PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Rain guards for an 86 Lxi??

Shawn Silva
05-03-2018, 03:37 PM
Long story short bought three different kinds of rain guards / window splitters but none of them fit my vehicle the first one I ordered said it was for a Chevy Tahoe and it was just for the two front windows, they did not have the same shape as the window I have. Went to AutoZone to see if they had them and they had them for an 86 Accord 4 door me thinking that they would work... They didn't. They were way too short because mine is a hatchback it's got the longer window and the window in the back doesn't roll down , they are pop-out windows. I'm really hoping that someone has bought them for their 86 87 88 or 89 LXI hatchback

Shawn Silva
05-03-2018, 03:38 PM
I have been trying to find rain guards for this car for over a year now LOL I don't want to keep buying them online and getting the wrong product. Any help on where I can find them by then that would be great

VIPER1988
05-06-2018, 01:20 PM
https://www.3geez.com/forum/interior-exterior-care/66507-custom-hatch-vent-visors.html

can find just about anything on here using the search bar

Dr_Snooz
05-06-2018, 03:58 PM
If the ones you're getting are made of thermoplastic, then they should shape quite easily with a hair dryer. Cutting them to length will be tricky. I cut off a bunch of polycarbonate roof panels with a 4" grinder and a metal cutting disc.