PDA

View Full Version : Click, Power Cuts, No Start.

SpicyMeatball
05-22-2018, 12:14 PM
Still having trouble with my 1988 LXI, I cleaned all the battery terminal grounds tried multiple charged batteries and still nothing. Starter is good, so it should crank? The last thing I can think of for it to not crank is that the alternator belt snapped and seized the alternator up pretty good so it might be shorting out, but it should still crank right? Radiator also blew up and got coolant everywhere, but that probably isn't it. Also the terminals get super hot on the battery (especially the ground) I appreciate any advice cause I'm clueless at this point.

slithica
05-22-2018, 05:32 PM
Bad ground/positive connection. Try again. Also, why is your radiator blowing up?

gcovarrubias412
05-22-2018, 06:50 PM
Bad ground/positive connection. Try again. Also, why is your radiator blowing up?

Lmao seriously, why DID it blow up?[emoji28]

firefighterwhite89
05-22-2018, 11:40 PM
Double check your 70A main fuse. Also, verify you have power to your ignition switch via the black/yellow striped wire on the ignition switch. I had an ignition switch that was intermittent and would crank somedays, somedays it wouldn't do a damn thing.

InAccordance
05-23-2018, 07:32 PM
Had the same exact issue. What fixed mine was putting in a brand new negative battery terminal. The wire on mine wouldnt make enough of a good contact on the old lead one no matter how much I cleaned it. Got a brass one, worked like a charm since.
Granted, that fixed mine, yours may be different but worth a shot and terminals are cheap.

SpicyMeatball
05-24-2018, 07:15 AM
Lmao, I have no Idea I bought it that way. From the looks of it I think someone blew a hole in it then coolant went everywhere while the car was still running.

firefighterwhite89
05-26-2018, 04:23 PM
Lmao, I have no Idea I bought it that way. From the looks of it I think someone blew a hole in it then coolant went everywhere while the car was still running.

Resolved?
:ugh2: