PDA

View Full Version : removing the back seat?

staticpat
05-26-2002, 11:15 AM
i want to run some RCA cables under the carpet to the trunk, but can't figure out how to get the back seat out. can someone help me out?

also what the crap is that wiring harness under the front passener seat for?

ACCORD EX
05-26-2002, 12:44 PM
this crap you're talking abotu home some important relays ! i believe the roof relay is there !

MIKE

accordlx
05-26-2002, 05:14 PM
The wiring harness under your seat goes to the engine computer which is more like an engine calculator if you ask me. It controls the emissions on the car but that is about it.

As for running the cables, it is possible to run the cables sort of beside the seat and then run them thru the trunk by removing the side cushion of the back seat (on a sedan) and then drill a hole thru the metal behind that cushion. THe cushion unhooks from the car if you push up on it. Then put your cushion back. Or you can do it the lazy way like me and just run them thru the hole is when you fold the seat down and fold the seat back up. I think that there is room to do this without pinching the cables.

TeKKnoTeKK
05-26-2002, 11:54 PM
same way I did it accordlx :D I would like to know how to remove the rear seat tho, even though I can't remember why I wanted to take it off.

staticpat
05-27-2002, 05:27 AM
i figured it out.first you need fold down the back cushion, and you can pull it out by two clips near the door.
then you can just lift the seat right out, just pick it up from the back and fold it toward the front. then you just have to get the front off two clips. it wasn't held in tight at all. i hope this made sense.

the reason i wanted to remove the whole seat is because my cables are shorter than id like them to be, and i wanted to ground my amp underneath.