PDA

View Full Version : Shaved tails now this?

Chrome_thangs
02-19-2003, 05:12 PM
I just picked up my car from getting the middle tail light section shaved (no back ups, no license plate, no tail lights). The brake light on the little car on my dash is lighting up how would i solve this problem.

SiR
02-20-2003, 12:32 AM
I wonder if pluging the bulb back in there for the middle lights and just hidding them underneath the trunk help.

2old_honda
02-20-2003, 12:58 AM
do you have a multi meter? measure the resistance across the original bulb and then put a resistor of the same value between the two tail light wires. (you will need to do this for both sides)

AccordEpicenter
02-20-2003, 08:35 AM
I have a better Idea, take apart your instrument cluster and cut off the offending indicator. I think youll have a hell of a time trying to fool the broken-lightbulb-detector circuit, unless you have a schematic or somthing.

AZmike
02-20-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by 2old_honda
do you have a multi meter? measure the resistance across the original bulb and then put a resistor of the same value between the two tail light wires. (you will need to do this for both sides)

Since running current through the equal resistor will use as much energy as using the old bulb, why not keep the light?

2old_honda
02-20-2003, 11:47 AM
well I know those bulbs get very hot, and they might start melting plastic and stuff. also he might not want his trunk to light up whenever he turn his lights on or pushes the brakes. either way would get the job done.

AccordEpicenter
02-20-2003, 10:06 PM
yeah who knows in an enclosed areas it could be a fire hazard or somthing...

Chrome_thangs
02-20-2003, 10:18 PM
Ya, the thought had crossed my mind just to stick bulbs in there but they got way to hot just to be sitting on carpet.

AZmike
02-21-2003, 09:31 AM
A resistor of the same resistence will be about as hot since the same amount of current will be running through it. I guess it might be better since it would be small enough that you might be able to find a safer spot for it though.

iloveJDMblackrims69
02-21-2003, 03:44 PM
well....i just wanted to see pics of the shaved back end:)

Chrome_thangs
02-21-2003, 05:56 PM
pics will come in about two weeks i put it back in today to get the moldings shaved, nicks and dings filled in and painted metallic silver. All for $800 too! Damn good deal:super: