PDA

View Full Version : How good are Bendix pads?

Chrome_thangs
02-19-2003, 05:32 PM
How good are Bendix brake pads? I just got some for the front and back(shoes). The box claims they're OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer). Is this true? So that means when i buy the car new these come on it?

rideredorgohome
02-19-2003, 05:46 PM
They may mean that they meet oem standards. However, I was always told that if you are using oem drums and rotors it is always best to stick with oem pads and shoes. they will simply help to prolong the life of your rotors and drums since they are neither too hard or too soft for the job. that is unless you are looking for performance braking, in which case all these guys can help you by telling you where to get big brake kits and replacement rotors to exchange for your rear drums. rear drums are $$$ and are not really made for "performance", i just bought some and they were $50 each Cdn, dealer cost. honda shoes are not expensive, and it is worth saving your brakes over.:wave:

AZmike
02-19-2003, 08:24 PM
I've heard good things about Bendix. They are OEMs for some domestics cars.

YK86
02-19-2003, 10:13 PM
I've had no problems with Bendix stuff.

Grant2k
02-19-2003, 10:35 PM
Bendix is one of the oldest and most repudable names around. we charge the most for them at work.

greekguy7
02-20-2003, 05:11 AM
I have used them before and they are pretty good. If you spend the few extra bucls for Bendix, make sure they come with a lifetime warranty. This way, you never pay for pads again.

AccordEpicenter
02-20-2003, 08:56 AM
the lifetime pads are pretty bad, theyre really hard and warp rotors pretty bad. If you just get the premium pads from bendix (not the lifetime ones) then you should be fine, original honda pads are best. I know a few friends that have metal masters pads and they seem to be good too.