PDA

View Full Version : better brakes

monks
02-19-2003, 07:19 PM
I've looked at many rotors and they all seem nice but before I spend any money, I'd like to find out if there is any caliper setups for the 3rd gens. I think Brembo made some but:confused:

Jims 86LXI HB
02-19-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by monks
I've looked at many rotors and they all seem nice but before I spend any money, I'd like to find out if there is any caliper setups for the 3rd gens. I think Brembo made some but:confused:

At this time brembo does not offer anything other than disc's themselves. No one makes anything other than oem caliper desighs. We have been told that their was a JDM accord SI that had dual piston calipers. I haven't seen anything official on that and no one has ever been able to actually find some to buy. So if you want better calipers best thing to do is to either adapt 91-94 Acura legend dual piston calipers (no one's done it, let alone even looked into it, might not be possible) or adapt one of the many 4 piston caliper setups made for civics, expensive, but nice. OldSchoolSwap (a moderator on the board) has a aem big brake kit on his car. I believe he has a how done on them in the how to section of the board.

BTW, I installed brembo slotted & dimpled rotors and EBC pads on my car and they gave me a fenominal(ms) improvement in braking performance. Little to no fade even when doing 35 miles of foot hill mountain curves with several 100+ stops and little time to cool.

importracerkid
02-20-2003, 02:34 AM
Jim Where could I pick up a set of your breaks I just got a set of 17x7's and I dont like small rotors up front let alone drums in back but I guess I will have to live with that, thanks for some info

shepherd79
02-20-2003, 04:30 AM
Jim i am gonna have to correct you on the brakes. there is a company in Australia that makes drilled sloted disk brakes for our cars.
www.dba.com.au
download their catalog and look.
they make front rotors and back rotors for SEI

Grant2k
02-20-2003, 08:20 AM
he said nobody makes calipers, not rotors. Powerstop and Powerslot both make rotors for our cars also.

Jims 86LXI HB
02-20-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by importracerkid
Jim Where could I pick up a set of your breaks I just got a set of 17x7's and I dont like small rotors up front let alone drums in back but I guess I will have to live with that, thanks for some info

Well instead of just giving you the exact answer you want, let let me point you to something better. You can install the larger front brakes from a 88-89 LXI on your car and get the same brembo slotted/dimpled rotors that I had. I did not want to mess with 88-89 upgrade. But based on how you asked your question, I think you might want to do it. PM, this member and ask him what parts have to be pulled off the donor car inorder to do the swap.
http://www.3geez.com/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=642

Here's where I got my rotor's, he can sell you the 86-87 rotor's or the 88-89 rotors. Price is $50 each or $100 for the pair
They are by a guy that own's a shop in LA called race concepts. Here's his email address.
[email protected] and phone # (714) 547-3581

When I bought them last year he did not have a web site, if he has a site now, I do not know the url.

shepherd79
02-20-2003, 02:03 PM
jim here is the website of the guy you were talking about. http://www.raceconcepts.net/index.htm

87DXHatch
02-22-2003, 09:16 AM
Am I reading that right? That it's $150 for a pair of those rotors for 88-89?

dXsquared
02-22-2003, 09:25 AM
no... 100 bucks a pair!

Travis

dXsquared
02-22-2003, 09:40 AM
thats the MSRP... he will give a better price i guess

Travis