PDA

View Full Version : Question about modifying 90-93 Accord Bodykits to fit!

outlawaccord
05-26-2002, 01:45 PM
What are the modification that have to be made to the bodykit for the 90-93 so that it will fit my 88. Front? Rear? Sideskirts?

Thanks guys.

Matt

hondaaccord_86
05-26-2002, 02:28 PM
what i want to know is... will they fit... ???:huh:

outlawaccord
05-26-2002, 02:59 PM
supposedly they are about an inch too wide and need to be shortened a little, but I am wondering if that is true or what else needs to be done to the bumpers and the sideskirts. My car is a 4-door BTW.

gr3k0sLaV
05-26-2002, 06:00 PM
I think the 90+ Xenon kits will fit, just they need to be modified.

Im trying to find out too, since i practically cant locate any 3rd Gen body kits here in Australia. But I can find Xenon kits for the later models/

YK86
05-26-2002, 06:14 PM
The side skirts I wouldn't be too worried about as long as it's the kind that doesn't come up the fender (just goes on along the bottom). The front and rear bumpers will be a pain in the ass. You have the extend the sides, make the kit meant for the rounder 4th gen bumper fit our squarish bumper. Sounds kind of easy but it's going to be really tough.

gr3k0sLaV
05-26-2002, 06:53 PM
Im pissed off today, i just made some calls around before...and no one around seems to know anything about 3rd Gen body kits!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Meaning I have to import.

Jims 86LXI HB
05-26-2002, 09:32 PM
Hmm, I can comment on the front of the 4th gen. I bought my wife a 91 accord that sits in the driveway next to my car. I just ran out and did some measuring of the front lip spoiler. It has about the same distance between the wheel well and where it starts to turn, about 10". From their it slowly moves out about another 5", til it reaches a point at the plate mount. Over all the 4th gen is about 2 inches wider at 63", vs. 61".

If I can't make the crx lip spoiler work to my liking, I'm gonna look into getting the same lip spoiler that on my wife's 4th gen ex. Trouble is I can never find 4th gens in the junk yards.

YK86
05-26-2002, 10:53 PM
You will definetly like the CRX lip better. My first lip I made was from a 4th gen EX-R (so the same US EX lip you are talking about). I extended the sides and had to cut slits at the top and straighten it quite a bit to make it work. It looked okay but I wasn't happy with it. The pics of it are the ones on my front lip how to on my site.