PDA

View Full Version : windshield

shepherd79
02-20-2003, 04:32 AM
How you clean your windshield from inside?
What do you use to clean it?
i can get it clean. everystuff i tried leaves stricks.

88 Accord DX
02-20-2003, 06:29 AM
stricks??? ive heard of streaks and sticks but not stricks. j/k

i use the blue stuff from auto zone. the best way to clean it is to open both doors and lay on the seats flat facing up. that way the glass is above you. its a hell of alot easier.

xbi0s
02-20-2003, 07:26 AM
uhhhh Windex? It's a window

89accord_lxi_coupe
02-20-2003, 08:15 AM
windex can work if you don't have tinted. i'm generalizing for all car glass. the ammonia in windex can damage the tinting right? on the inside of the car i do use windex, because i dont have tinted windows. anyway, i probably didnt help anybody saying this, but if somehow i did then good. ok, i'll shut up now.

nolan

shepherd79
02-20-2003, 02:35 PM
sorry for my bad spelling.
i tried everything, windex, autozone stuff, and anything that cleans windows.

Blue Impact
02-20-2003, 04:42 PM
Clearvue seems to work best. If you're crazy enough, you can try the Essex GC-800 window and surface cleaner.

Mike89Accordcom
02-20-2003, 05:01 PM
I use this special foamy stuff works great. Go to an autopart store and buy some.

shepherd79
02-20-2003, 05:04 PM
can you give me the names of the products, and not just foamy stuff. i am sorry, but there are many diff foamy stuff.
Where can i get Clearvue or Essex GC-800?
oh yeah, i am crazy about my windows. i try to keep my windsheald clean.

shepherd79
02-20-2003, 05:12 PM
oh one more thing,
is there a product that can minimize headlight glare from incomming traffic?
thanks guys.

'89AccordLX(Rus)
02-20-2003, 05:57 PM
If it is sunny outside and the window/glass is warmed up, the cleaner will leave streaks (anything like windex does at least :D). I always try to clean my windows in the shade so that they look spotless. I use Windex by the way.

dews89blkaccord
02-20-2003, 06:12 PM
I use Stoner's Invisible Glass. Be sure and use old news paper.
The news papers will help with the streaks no matter what you use.

MrBen
02-20-2003, 07:30 PM
Windex works like crap. Use that Glass Cleaner foamy stuff, it comes in a blue can at the grocery store or auto parts store. Don't use paper towels as that leaves little speaks of cotten shit all over the place. Use a very clean cotton cloth and clean it evenly in strokes, not circles. I've found this to be the best way. If you have a really small squeegee that will work too but it's difficult, but the upside is no streaks. Hope this helps.

Pntbal
03-07-2003, 10:30 PM
man i just use eye glass cleaner. it work great on mine!

SiR
03-07-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by dews89blkaccord
I use Stoner's Invisible Glass. Be sure and use old news paper.
The news papers will help with the streaks no matter what you use.

Thats the same stuff I use, its really good , also on tinted windows. I never knew cleaning it with newspaper is a good technique, thanks.

original2k
03-07-2003, 11:40 PM
use windex and freakin newspaper, it's not a bio chemical containment project, your just cleaning your windows, and yes newspaper actually leaves it quite shiny

accordboricua
03-08-2003, 08:10 PM
I just use a very clean chammy...works great.

Blue Impact
03-08-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by shepherd79
Where can i get Clearvue or Essex GC-800?

Clearvue could be found at some autopart stores or Wal-Mart. As far as those Essex GC-800 goes, I'm not sure where my brother got it.

dXsquared
03-08-2003, 08:39 PM
newspaper? wont that leave black shit?

Travis

Blue Impact
03-08-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by DXHATCHBACK
newspaper? wont that leave black shit?

Travis

No, it won't. You just gotta be careful not to scrath the glass. If done right, the glass will look like it's not even there.

Microstreak
03-09-2003, 09:16 PM
anybody try some rainex (sp?), a friend of mine told me to get some for the outside windshield, but im wonderin if it'll also help keep the inside windshield clean too. anybody try it?

Blue Impact
03-09-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Microstreak
anybody try some rainex (sp?), a friend of mine told me to get some for the outside windshield, but im wonderin if it'll also help keep the inside windshield clean too. anybody try it?

Rainix works good. You should clean the surface of the glass first before applying Rainix. Oh, you only apply Rainix on the outside, not the inside.

I use Rainix on my windshield and my front windows and yes, I recommend you all to use Rainix, especially if it rains a lot where you're at.

Swan
03-18-2003, 06:42 PM
ok, a couple of questions....first of all, anyone know of the rain-x antifog any good? I have a bad problem of foggin' up the windows....second of all, I saw this pad at work....its like an "all-purpose" cleaning pad, where all you have to do is wipe it over the area... and it supposedly cleans it, without using any chemicals or ANYTHING...not even water...it has kinda a rubber feel to it, and looks basically like a sponge...and you can use it over and over again...it says do not wet before use! and to clean the pad itself, just use soap and water....anyone ever hear of this? is it worth it?

dews89blkaccord
03-18-2003, 08:34 PM
Tuning the a/c on will clear up your windows. In the winter month, turn it on with the temp on heat. :) A/C will get the humidity out of the car.

mindlos
03-18-2003, 10:51 PM
I second the newspaper. Removes all that hazy residue left by the cleaners. All I can say is if you have used newspaper to wipe your ass then you probably know how to make it not scratch your windows, and it usually doesnt anyways (but your ass it will).