PDA

View Full Version : Water pump help.

Zachd
06-29-2018, 01:21 PM
I have a 1989 accord lxi and it needs the water pump changed. Call me crazy but that little bugger is in a tight spot haha. I have the belt off and can’t seem to figure out how to get it out. I’ve removed all the bolts but it won’t budge. Is there a trick or a service manual Link someone could tell me haha. Thanks y’all.

Dr_Snooz
06-29-2018, 07:26 PM
If it helps, there are five bolts holding it on. One is kinda big. A sixth bolt is kinda in the middle of the housing, but it holds the timing cover on, if I'm remembering correctly.

InAccordance
06-29-2018, 08:26 PM
Pry bar!

No but seriously, I believe you have to unbolt the top alternator bracket as well and yea, one bolt holds the timing cover, that has to come off too.

DanJDT
07-01-2018, 12:57 AM
i took the timing cover off and all. plus the bracket for the alternator if I remember correctly.

gcovarrubias412
07-01-2018, 11:54 AM
i took the timing cover off and all. plus the bracket for the alternator if I remember correctly.

On my 84 you gotta take off the motor mount to get to the belt. I jacked up the engine a little using a block of wood to get better access to certain things.

If you’re certain you’ve removed all the bolts, you’re gonna need to give it a couple light whacks with a dead blow hammer or something that wont cause too much damage. Its stuck on there with crud and maybe some silicone. A flathead screw driver ain’t a bad idea, either.

Be ready with some rags cause its gonna let out all the coolant inside.