PDA

View Full Version : Heater Core

2xGolden
07-01-2018, 10:00 AM
Has anyone ever replaced a heater core on an 88 Accord LX? Yesterday I replaced three heater hoses and when I cut the one heater core hose off the output where the hose is clamped on was crushed badly. Opened up best I could, maybe one third of the way, replaced hose, filled and ran giving good heat. Hose must have been replaced by previous owner who crushed output tube. Have this car 2 years and had no heating issues in system or in the cabin. Just wondering if it is worth replacing core and how much grief may be involved. Thanks in advance. 2x Golden.

InAccordance
07-01-2018, 06:10 PM
It's not too bad, take glove box off and dig around, should be able to see it. Probably have to pull the blower motor but that isn't too bad either. Stuff is pretty accessible especially compared to newer stuff.
We had a 2000 accord that the heater core went bad in. You have to pull the entire dash to get to that one.

2xGolden
07-03-2018, 05:08 PM
Hey thanks for the info, been reading and reading but haven't seen a single thing about heater core replacement. Absolutely love this forum, taught me so much about my 3gee, done many repairs thanks to all you great people out there. Sure there aren't many around anymore, get great compliments on this one and I'd like to keep her going for some time.

InAccordance
07-04-2018, 06:15 PM
No worries. Welcome to the party.