PDA

View Full Version : Primax rims?

ToNoAvail
02-20-2003, 12:01 PM
Hey 3 geez owners, i just bought some Primax 5-star rims which are 14 x 7's. I'm pretty sure i have 13 inch rims because the tire says R13. the rims havent came in the mail yet so im not sure the pattern will hook up right. does anyone know anything about the weight or quality of these? they look pretty sweet to me. i have a pic of them but dont know how to use it on the forum.. oh yea by the way, if the lug hole doesnt match up, do i need to get new calipers, rotors, ect. to make them fit? thank yall.

markmdz89hatch
02-20-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by ToNoAvail
Hey 3 geez owners, i just bought some Primax 5-star rims which are 14 x 7's. I'm pretty sure i have 13 inch rims because the tire says R13. the rims havent came in the mail yet so im not sure the pattern will hook up right. does anyone know anything about the weight or quality of these? they look pretty sweet to me. i have a pic of them but dont know how to use it on the forum.. oh yea by the way, if the lug hole doesnt match up, do i need to get new calipers, rotors, ect. to make them fit? thank yall.

As for the pics, if you wanna send 'em to me, I'll post 'em up for you.

As for the wheels themselves, and getting them to fit, that's not quite as easy. If they are the right lug pattern, it's easy, just go out and buy a set of 14" tires, and ur set. BUT, if they're the wrong lug pattern, you're really better off selling the wheels and finding something with the correct pattern. I'm not telling you you can't convert the hub over to a different lug configuration, but it requires eqperienced custom machining by a professional machine shop. There is a member here (Yasu) that has done a conversion from the standard 4x100 lug pattern to the 4x114 pattern, but it was not easy by the sounds of it.

accord86
02-23-2003, 01:34 AM
i have four pointrims right now when i go to buy other and i buy 15 inch rims will they know i need four point or will i have to put that on the oder

GreenMachine
02-24-2003, 03:41 PM
do you mean the bolt pattern ? it is 4 x 100 ..thats what ya tell them

ToNoAvail
02-24-2003, 07:55 PM
Right now I have stock rims and wheelcovers. I was just wondering what the stock bolt offset is. I think thats what it is or the size between each bolt? It's just killing me not knowing if these rims will fit(havent came in yet). But I know the size of the rims comming in. Just wanted to know if the numbers would match up. Thanks if anyone could help.

Jims 86LXI HB
02-24-2003, 08:15 PM
:huh: Why would you buy something for your car and not be sure beforehand that they will fit?

You have to have 4X100mm bolt pattern and you can't have less than 40mm offset (38mm would work if you roll the rear fenders)
One thing that worries me is the size 14X7, somethings not right with that, you just never ever see 14" rims with that much width. usually their 6" wide. Doesn't mean it's not possible, but it's a warning sign in my book, that something might be amiss overall.

ToNoAvail
02-24-2003, 08:34 PM
I dunno, the deal was good so I took it. Im stupid but Im new to this and I really didnt think about it untill now.

Jims 86LXI HB
02-24-2003, 09:38 PM
Aw man, I hope you win the toss of the dice if ya know what I mean.:)