PDA

View Full Version : Accel Pump Jet Install

Mike's89AccordLX
02-20-2003, 12:34 PM
I just got the accelerator pump jet in the mail today (60). And I checked the book and I can't find out where it says how to install the little thing. At first I thought the thing was a wing nut but I looked closer and saw the holes. Thanks in advance.

A20A1
02-20-2003, 12:51 PM
97 Pump Jet Retaining Screw / Valve
95 Metal Gasket
96 Pump Jet
95 Metal gasket

That is the installation order

Make sure you use the right size flat head screw driver to remove the retaining screw or something might break..
The Diagram for the DGV should be on page 56

Take a picture of the jet first... I would like to se what it looks like, cause they make subtle changes to the jets shape and size. :D

Mike's89AccordLX
02-20-2003, 01:06 PM
Alright, but I don't have a digi cam so it will be awhile before I can post it. Thanks for the page number and order. Do you maybe know whats wrong with my A/F gauge setup? Do you think it's the O2 sensor?

Mike's89AccordLX
02-23-2003, 01:59 PM
What other jets do you think I need to buy? You said the idle jet may need to be bigger to make my a/f gauge work correctly. What size do you think I should get? What sizes should those jets be for my carb to run great?

A20A1
02-23-2003, 05:48 PM
I need to know what they are stock before I can give you any suggestions.

Mike's89AccordLX
02-23-2003, 07:03 PM
Ahh I see what you mean now. I didn't know they change the carb setup for year to year or whatever. What jets should I look for and are they kinda in the same area? If you tell me which ones to look for I can check it out in the book. I'll probably install the accel pump jet tomorrow and hopefully modify the throttle linkage again (correctly this time) Oh and do you think buying a jet kit is worth it?

http://www.carbs.net/Weber/weberpartscarb.asp

It's like $49 for the 32/36 4cylinder jet kit. I suppose you still need to know what I have before saying if its good for me or not.

A20A1
02-23-2003, 07:33 PM
oh buy the jet kit it might actually have the right sizes.... I always though it was a gamble though

Mike's89AccordLX
02-23-2003, 07:45 PM
I could find out what jets I have and then call them and ask what sizes are in the kit and report back here. I have them on speed dial. :D

Mike's89AccordLX
02-23-2003, 08:07 PM
Ok I was looking in the book for some jets to get the sizes of.... I would need to find the sizes for these? 19, 19A, 33, 33A, 94, 94A

Ok... how do I find the sizes for these and are these the ones I need to find? This is on page 56 and 57 of the Weber book. And I just took some pics of the accelerator pump jet (60) One in the bag (top view), side view seeing the little 60, angled view seeing the inside with the little holes/ seeing the two little ends with the little holes. Looks like a little wing nut to me :D

Oh and I was wondering when I install the accelerator pump jet do I have to dismantle the carb or can I just leave it installed on the car? Will there be fuel in the carb still? I saw the main jets are at the bottom of the float bowl. Do I just unscew those to see the size or is it seen if it's screwed in?

Mike's89AccordLX
02-24-2003, 10:57 AM
Ok I guess I'm the first person to have the 60 accelerator pump jet installed.

I guess my jets are these. I didn't know what was primary and secondary so I will just list them.

Accelerator pump jet: 60 (only changed jet so far)

Idle jet: 50 This is the one listed in the book that is facing the front of the car. I couldn't find the other idle jet)

Air Correction Jets: 170 and 160

Main Jets: 140 and 140 (I didn't take these out b/c there was fuel in the bowl still. I took a flash like and saw one was for sure 140 and the other I saw a 1 and 4 so I just assumed it was 140 also)

So now you somewhat know what my weber has for jets. I haven't driven it yet with the jet on. So what sizes do you think I should get A20A1? And with that accel jet hows that little screw thing suppose to line up that screws the jet on? I just tightend it up using little force. Oh and my old accel jet was a 50.

A20A1
02-24-2003, 12:37 PM
Hmm it might have been 140 / 145... at least I hope so.
(primary / secondary)

if 50 was on the secondary barrel side of the carb then there should be another idle jet on the primary barrel side. It may be 55

to find out which side is which, the primary barrel is the one connected to the throttle cable.

Mike's89AccordLX
02-24-2003, 01:20 PM
Yeah the one Idle jet I didn't find out was probably the primary then because the one I looked at there was nothing really near it so it was probably 55. I looked at carbsunlimited for the different jets I will need and the idle jets go up to 70 for both and I think the air correction and main jets go up to 220. I called about that jet kit and I didn't think it was worth it b/c the sizes were not that big. So what jets do you think I should get? (sizes too?) I plan to get a custom cam grind in the near future.

Mike's89AccordLX
02-24-2003, 01:28 PM
Ok I have all of the correct sizes now.

Primary Main Jet: 140
Secondary Main Jet: 140
Primary Air Correction Jet: 170
Secondary Air Correction Jet: 160
Primary Idle Jet: 060
Secondary Idle Jet: 050
Pump Jet: 050 (but now it's 060)

A20A1
02-24-2003, 01:52 PM
wow both main jets were 140... normally the mains stay the same on the 38/38 but on the 32/36 the primary is a bit smaler then the secondary.

no need to change the idle jet...
Get a 150 main and possibly a 155 - 160 main
Then get a 180 and 175 air correction

Primary
Use the 150 main
Use 180 air correction

Secondary
Use the 155 or 160 main
Use the 170 or 175 air correction

and thats about it.

Mike's89AccordLX
02-24-2003, 01:59 PM
What Idle Jets do you have?

I think I will get the

Primary:
150 main
180 air correction

Secondary:
160 main
175 air correction

So there isn't anything wrong with my idle jets like you thought before with the A/F gauge? So all this should be around $20-$25

A20A1
02-24-2003, 04:09 PM
if you want get a 55 idle jet to raise the secondary idle... but thats it... I think it wasn't your idle jets being too small... it was the fact thtat your throttle is open so far you are not using your idle jets.

Mike's89AccordLX
02-24-2003, 06:27 PM
Was the throttle open so far b/c I pulled that cable? What jet sizes do you have? I plan to get the cam regrind will I need to get different jets when I get that or would I be fine?

Mike's89AccordLX
02-24-2003, 09:40 PM
Alright if those jets are good for a cam too then would these be the correct order #'s?
73801.150 = P. Main
73801.160 = S. Main

77201.180 = P. Air Cor.
77201.175 = S. Air Cor.

74409.055 = S. Idle

I didn't find any different main jets for P. and S. so I figured they were the same. So I'd just get 2 different sizes. Same with the Air Cor. jets also. I would still like to know what jets you currently have. I want the best performance possible. I don't want to end up buying new jets everytime I get a new performance part. Thanks for your help. :bow: A20A1 :bow:

A20A1
02-25-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Mike's89AccordLX
I would still like to know what jets you currently have. I want the best performance possible. I don't want to end up buying new jets everytime I get a new performance part. Thanks for your help. :bow: A20A1 :bow:

I've posted my jet sized... it's at the top of the carb tech forum.

As for buying new jets each time you get a new part... you won't have to buy more then 1 or 2 after you get the cam... unless you get crazy and get my cam.

-------

"Was the throttle open so far b/c I pulled that cable? What jet sizes do you have? I plan to get the cam regrind will I need to get different jets when I get that or would I be fine?"

-------

The cable opens the throttle so yes.. you probrably have it open too far, when you pulled it tight. buy a new cable or rip one from a junk yard.

I'm still working out my jetting anyways so don't use my jets to modify your carb. You don't have the cam yet so untill you get the cam I can't tell you what you should get... and you still need to fix the cable problem and put in the jets I suggested above... there is no need to rush and buy more jets now when we don't know what affect the other jets have as is. But fix the cable first.. cause that will screw things up... it's most likely why you have the air fuel guage that isn't showing anything.

also idle/ main /air correction jets are the same for both primary and secondary. I just put primary and seconadary so you know where to install them.

Mike's89AccordLX
02-26-2003, 01:20 PM
Where would you buy a new throttle cable? I checked nopi and they didn't have one. I would prefer a new one rather than a junkyard one. Thanks

Mike's89AccordLX
02-26-2003, 03:42 PM
Well I found out no one carries a new throttle cable other than Honda. I found out all they was is 1/4 of an arm :D It'd cost $36 for a new throttle cable. Is a throttle cable hard to install?

Mike's89AccordLX
02-26-2003, 04:07 PM
Ok I checked the Haynes manual and it doesn't look too challenging except for the fine tuning and getting tightend correctly. Is there maybe supposed to be a certain length or something? All I understand is that you have to make sure the carb isn't open when the gas is off and make sure it WOT also. And to make sure that it doesn't rub on anything. I suppose I can drill that new hole in the throttle bracket when I get the throttle cable then. I'll have to wait to buy it until I get back from Mexico.

Mike's89AccordLX
03-18-2003, 06:17 PM
Hey A20A1 I have a question for you. I ordered all those jets that you told me I needed. I have one problem though, the idle jet is too big. It's the big one I guess. I have the rest installed but I don't know what to do with this jet here. Can I put it anywhere? It says it can be for my car on the site. I am going to call carbs unlimited and explain the situation and hopefully they'll be nice and send me the right one. I need that 1/8" one.

A20A1
03-18-2003, 08:49 PM
whats too big? are you sure you ordered it from the right section on the website?

The idle jets fit into the jet holder... you have to uncrew the holeder and pull the old jet out then push the new jet into the holder and screw thw holder into the side of the carb.

Mike's89AccordLX
03-19-2003, 10:36 AM
I talked to the guy on the phone and he's sending me the right one for free now. He told me that on older webers the idle jets were the same size. With the new one that I have the idle jets are the big one .135 (or something like that) and the small one 1/8" Well the secondary is the small one and that's the one he's sending so it's all good. I know where the two are (they were really easy to find) So if anyone need an unused Big idle jet that's 055 they can buy it from me. :) Oh and I just found out that my primary idle jet is a 060. So maybe that thing that was printed up on this site was of the old carb.

A20A1
03-19-2003, 01:56 PM
Well I have an old carb... so I have a few things that are gonna be different, I guess.