PDA

View Full Version : It's driving me nuts!! HELP!!!

cdscowboy
02-20-2003, 03:38 PM
My stereo is making this buzzing sound. It's speed doesn't seem to be affected too much (though maybe a little) by my RPMs. I just cleaned off the terminals really good, which I'm sure was good regardless, but it didn't effect the stereo problems at all. And it's coming out of all the speakers. AARRGGGHHHHH!!!:burn: It's gonna send me to the looney bin...my stereo is one of the things I'm anul about! Help me out if you can guys!!!

shepherd79
02-20-2003, 05:20 PM
it is the alternator noise.
make sure you have spark plugs and wires that have resistors or noise blokers in them.
that may help. the other thing is that if you running speakers from amp(s) than you may want to check if your power cable is away from your audio cable.
if power cable for the amp(s) next to the audio cables than it can make some buzzing noise.
basicaly it has to do with power and audio cables.

StUpiD8000
02-20-2003, 06:22 PM
ya, if you got amps on them, make sure that the ground wire is not to long.......if thay are to long you can get diff sounds

AccordEpicenter
02-20-2003, 10:41 PM
Also make sure the radio condenser near the coil is present and hooked up right.

cdscowboy
02-20-2003, 10:53 PM
my speakers aren't hooked up to an amp...but thanks! and what's a radio condenser????

Bobs89LXi
02-22-2003, 06:07 AM
There is another possibility that you may want to check. You will also get buzzing or a hum if you have lost the shielding on one of the audio cables going from the head unit to the amp. You will also get the same symptoms if one of then is not plugged in all the way or loose.