PDA

View Full Version : Wierd spray...

cdscowboy
02-20-2003, 03:42 PM
I was looking under my hood for the hell of it the other day and I noticed a big streak of either black or red liquid, relatively thick, that was in a line on my hood. Upon further examination, I see the line from about the level of the valve cover (gasket) across the whole bay. It goes front to back, and it's on the driver's side, about an inch (if that) towards the side of the car from the valve cover. Anybody else have this problem or someone at least know what the hell it is?!?!?! Please help! I don't want my car to die on me or something!! Thanks guys! :)

Mantis88LX
02-20-2003, 03:46 PM
sounds like the power steering hose, mine was leaking too, u can get one at a junkyard for cheap

anchovies
02-20-2003, 11:23 PM
Do you have the bottom plastic liner? Sometimes water gets on the belts from below and it makes that line on the hood.

cdscowboy
02-21-2003, 12:27 AM
It's not just water, but thanks. It's definitely got a color to it that's not water-related. I'll try and get a pic and post it tomorrow or saturday to show you what I'm talking about. I think it could be the power steering...I don't know...I'm taking my car in on Monday to Honda so they can replace my coolant pump and the timing belt, so I'll ask them then. Thanks for the tips, and if any more arise, please let me know!!! :)