PDA

View Full Version : Injectors them self actually leaking!

johnwc723
02-20-2003, 10:00 PM
Hey everyone, im new to this fourm, and im REALLY glad i found it, i love to talk about cars etc!

well anyways my car is a 1989 honda accord lx-i coupe (very nice!) and a stick of course, i just bought it used about a month ago, i have had so many gas problems with it though

1. i had to replace the tank because it was leaking out of the actual tank and the hoses

then it still smelled like gas, and the injectors had fuel on them so i replaced the o rings on the injectors (god $8 a piece!!)

after i replaced the o rings i realized my wost suspicions, the actual injectors them self are leaking!! i could see it right between the metal and the plastic on the bottom part!!!

i decided that before i did anything else i would epoxy the injectors hoping that that would fix it for me, at least temporarly, but it didnt

I NEED TO REPLACE ALL THE INJECTORS!!

has anyone else had this problem, i think another post (right before mine, had it)

does anyone think that it might be a faulty fuel regulator that caused this problem? i was thinking that if it was maybe i might just mess up new ones that i put in.

anoyone got any ideas about what i should do either? this sucks!! it smells like gas whenever i drive, i looked into new ones (most places want $100 EACH!!) i was thinking maybe a junk yard, or does anyone have any that they would sell me?

jeeze, why would the actual injectors them self leak in the first place!

thanks, JOHN

AccordEpicenter
02-20-2003, 10:36 PM
Mine are starting to leak, im not exactly sure of the cause. They seem to be leaking where the black part meets the metal cylinder of the injector. How long did it take you to do the o rings? I think i might need those too

BoredRec
02-20-2003, 11:27 PM
Leaky injectors are a common problem for the 3gee. Either replace them (expensive), find re-built ones (sounds kinda funny but pretty economical) or cram some Mk2 or Mk3 (forget which) injectors in it (550cc, hell yeah, baby!)

johnwc723
02-21-2003, 05:53 AM
thanks guys, yeah it really is pretty easy to put new o rings in (but they are like 7$ a piece for the kit) it took me about 30 min to actually do it (and im no car expert) but it took me a while longer to clean off the injectors (since they are out, why not make them clean) if you need any help with it id be glad to help ya

by the way i found these injectors on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33554&item=2404521971&rd=1

i dobut they would work, but they look EXACTLY like the injectors found in my car (but i guess they might have a different impedience since they are for 92-95?) if i could get these, it would save me ALOT of money (assuming the bids dont get to high)

thanks!

DBMaster
02-21-2003, 07:07 AM
Those injectors on eBay are not the right ones for our cars. you have found out the hard way (like I did the first time) that spending the money on seal kits is a waste. These injectors are not rebuildable, either.

You can buy "barely used" factory injectors from RC engineering, rceng.com (you have to call them, they are not advertised on the web site) for $42 each or go to Nopi (nopi.com) and you can buy "Python Venom" aftermarket injectors for $39.95 each.

Either way, it's fixed for a lot less than going any other route. I even paid more than that for a Bosch injector from NAPA.

It seems like they all eventually do leak on these cars, but not until well over 150,000 miles. Not really that bad of a life expectancy if you ask me.

BoredRec
02-25-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by DBMaster
These injectors are not rebuildable, either.

They are. I've installed them...but I have no idea how to get them since I used to get them from an outfit called World Pac, outta California at my old job.

DBMaster
02-26-2003, 02:50 PM
For the price ($40) I wouldn't mess with rebuilts. Of course, I do every repair on my car with the idea of keeping it forever so I never go half-ass.

Never go rebuilt on water pumps, master cylinders, or A/C compressors, either. If you want to go rebuilt on a starter or alternator find a shop in your area that will rebuild YOURS. Believe me, it's worth the little bit of extra effort.

SYKO5150
02-27-2003, 12:45 AM
say we get the veniom injectors what else do i have to replace. i cant afford a new gas pump cause im getting a new tranny

DBMaster
02-27-2003, 05:20 AM
Why would you need to replace the fuel pump? Is there something wrong with it?

SYKO5150
02-27-2003, 11:07 PM
i thought maybe it had to be replaced since they spit more juice dont they

BoredRec
02-28-2003, 12:11 AM
start with a fuel pressure regulator first. Honda pumps can put out the pounds quite well if you can control it.

kevins89lxi
04-23-2003, 07:16 PM
What is the part number for the venom injectors at the nopi?

86AccordLxi
04-24-2003, 02:40 PM
Go to www.nopionline.com and use the e-cat to find all the parts available for your year and model accord.

Alex