PDA

View Full Version : oil light??

Mantis88LX
02-21-2003, 08:24 AM
Is our oil light soposed to come on when the oil gets just a little low?

Because i checked my oil the other day and i was almost a quart low, but my oil light had not came on any.

Is there a fuse for it or somthing?

Jareds 89 LX-i
02-21-2003, 08:34 AM
The oil light is not an indicator of oil level, it indicates when there is a flucuation in the oil pressure such as a large drop (not good, lol). If it's flashing, that means there is still a small amount of oil pressure but not enough to safely drive normally, but if it's steady on, then you really start to worry, haha. It won't come on when you're just a quart low though

Mantis88LX
02-21-2003, 08:36 AM
ohhh, so it only comes on when u are really low?

kool thanx,

Mike's89AccordLX
02-21-2003, 09:46 AM
No, that's not the case. Mine came on the other day and my oil is full. It was really cold and I didn't let it warm up properly and it started flashing. I started it a hour later and it was fine. The light doesn't determine the amount of oil that you have just the pressure of the oil.

AccordEpicenter
02-21-2003, 06:02 PM
exactly, just dont drive it when your oil light is on (if its on for more than a few secs itll eventually damage the engine) and check your oil

SiR
02-21-2003, 06:12 PM
The only time that the light would mean its low oil quanity is when you make a lot of g-loads by turning sharp and the there isnt much oil going through the pump. But light is really a low oil pressure light annonciator like everyone said.