PDA

View Full Version : NEED oem FRONT ENGINE MOUNT

Donnyten
08-23-2018, 11:19 AM
AFter market mount sits engine up too high away from right side transmission mount/ damper, plus vibration issue is still there. Any place that still has OEM liquid filled front mounts>?

InAccordance
08-23-2018, 06:24 PM
In short: No.
I looked into a couple local Honda dealers since I'm going to be pulling the engine up to replace the trans (may as well put new mounts whilst I'm there) and they cant even get it.
Maybe get lucky with NOS on ebay..
Someone did a thing with a GM mount on here, look for that thread.
Or get a grinder and shorten it =P

Donnyten
08-24-2018, 02:11 AM
Oh man. Thats not good. Im getting some pretty bad vibrations through the steering wheel and ive replaced the front left, front center and rear mounts. I can't grind down the front because id be grinding through rubber but now i cant replace the front right oval mount damper thing for the transmission because the front sits too high

AC439
08-24-2018, 03:33 AM
I have been facing the same issue with my LXi. Currently I'm using a rear mount for the front as an interim solution. The rear mount has to rotate 90 degree to align the extra pairs of mounting holes on the front cross member. Some reported their front cross member has no extra pair of holes. Search and you will see the discussion.

Shane86
08-24-2018, 04:13 AM
Yep you won't find a OEM Mount to fit it

Donnyten
08-24-2018, 04:44 AM
Your cabin pretty smooth? no vibrations? have you ever replaced the right front side oval shaped transmission mount/damper that goes on that stud looking thing connected to the body? I never hear people talk about that mount/ damper on here, and now my engine is too high up for it. the old mount is just split hanging. i never replaced the dog bone torque mount either, maybe that will help ease things?

Shane86
08-24-2018, 05:15 AM
Your cabin pretty smooth? no vibrations? have you ever replaced the right front side oval shaped transmission mount/damper that goes on that stud looking thing connected to the body? I never hear people talk about that mount/ damper on here, and now my engine is too high up for it. the old mount is just split hanging. i never replaced the dog bone torque mount either, maybe that will help ease things?

the oval shape Mount is for automatic transmission only I have a 5speed. I noticed with the higher mount that didn't fit it would cause a lot of vibration. I use the energy suspension GM transmission mount so yeah I got some vibration in the dash I noticed the most vibration with the front and rear poly mounts. Not that much with just the front one on

Shane86
08-24-2018, 05:20 AM
at idle the car is smooth I only noticed vibration when going in reverse or first taking off

Donnyten
08-24-2018, 06:27 AM
at idle the car is smooth I only noticed vibration when going in reverse or first taking off

I remember some guy was selling adapter plates for those gm mounts, i think, or how did you do yours?

InAccordance
08-24-2018, 11:41 AM
The ladies love the vibrations though!

AC439
08-24-2018, 12:15 PM
the ladies love the vibrations though!

omg !!!

Shane86
08-24-2018, 12:57 PM
I remember some guy was selling adapter plates for those gm mounts, i think, or how did you do yours?

Yea i got mine from cygnus x-1

Shane86
08-24-2018, 12:58 PM
the ladies love the vibrations though!

x2

Donnyten
08-25-2018, 10:32 AM
Any alternative? Cant reach the cygnus guy on here

AC439
08-25-2018, 11:44 AM
I would make my own bracket when I'm ready to use the GM trans mount.

Donnyten
08-25-2018, 12:30 PM
Can you point me to that thread? Wpupd really love to get this other transmission mount on

AC439
08-25-2018, 02:51 PM
I think this is the original thread of the adapter bracket. Page 5 has a pic and you'll get the idea -

https://www.3geez.com/forum/restoration-custom-fabrication/72765-alternative-poly-engine-mounts.html

Donnyten
08-25-2018, 02:52 PM
Oh, make my own as in fabricating one? Never did it, dont have the tools or money to do so

Shane86
08-25-2018, 08:55 PM
He had two different size brackets for the front a taller one and a shorter one.I went with the shorter one because the measurements would have put me to high as the mount that would not fit but I end up having to add a little space or block to raise the motor up just High Enough because the new front polymount set up put me a little lower. if you get a measurement of yours of where it probably needs to be I can compare it to my measurements

Dr_Snooz
08-26-2018, 07:19 PM
What about scavenging a carb bracket from the junkyard and using a carb mount instead? Those are still available right?

AC439
08-27-2018, 02:51 AM
What about scavenging a carb bracket from the junkyard and using a carb mount instead? Those are still available right?

Have been thinking about the same but no 3g around junk yard here. I also posted in "wanted" section.

Donnyten
08-30-2018, 12:52 PM
Heh. Pic of new transmission mount damper halfway on. Well the guy who used to make the gm brackets isnt responding because id sure buy one to solve this issue

Having the trans damper properly on may help solve some vibration and jerking issues ive been having.

Dr_Snooz
08-31-2018, 07:00 PM
You might try him on preludepower. He might still be on there.

Donnyten
09-06-2018, 03:41 PM
problem SOLVED. he reached out to me and sent me the bracket, i got the mount and was able to get the left damper on with ease. now engine sits at normal height. what a great bracket adapter. now gotta swap out the little damper underneath the car as it has disintegrated, and the strut torque mount.. got the speedometer cable nice n F**kin greasy, all new suspension parts in the mail, thhings lookin niceee

Shane86
09-06-2018, 04:33 PM
problem SOLVED. he reached out to me and sent me the bracket, i got the mount and was able to get the left damper on with ease. now engine sits at normal height. what a great bracket adapter. now gotta swap out the little damper underneath the car as it has disintegrated, and the strut torque mount.. got the speedometer cable nice n F**kin greasy, all new suspension parts in the mail, thhings lookin niceee

Cool

VIPER1988
09-09-2018, 06:44 AM
How did you end up getting hold of him? I would like to get a set of the mount brackets as well.

Donnyten
09-09-2018, 10:54 AM
You can reach him at
[email protected]

Dr_Snooz
09-15-2018, 07:31 PM
Good to know we still have that mount option. Thanks for updating.