PDA

View Full Version : Delete.. must delete.. must delete.....

Donnyten
08-26-2018, 01:18 PM
Rusty and leaky power steering system..

DELETED

dysfunctional A/C, rusted and broken lines.. system.. DELETED..

------

Black box solenoids... a/c idle solenoid+ vacuum box... DELETED.

question and reason for this post....

Im NOT deleting the evap and EGR systems.

But WHY is there a vacuum line (#3) from the canister going into the ignition solenoid?

Must delete.. what else can be delettted??,

Donnyten
08-26-2018, 02:52 PM
I've been doing some reading, but I don't know if what I deleted was an A/C boost valve or a dashpot (#13 hose)diaphragm, sits in front of the intake manifold with a mechanical throttle spring attached, which also was connected to a solenoid with a vacuum canister. So in short, I'm not sure if this car has an a/c idle boost solenoid or not, the manual is very confusing as it has all this unrelated carb stuff that does not apply to me. some of the vacuum lines in the black box aren't even listed, example, lines 5, and 15 which which go to the distributor, which connects to the ignition solenoid. The master manual is not good at explaining the theory and operation of all the components

Donnyten
08-28-2018, 01:53 PM
c'mon, i know someone knows. My guess is that during acceleration the ecu/pcm commands the solenoid purge to open and pulls vapor from the canister. this solenoid is normally closed,because if it was open all the time that would continually allow vapors into the intake which is a no no. what i cant figure out is why they fuck this shit is connected to the ignition control solenoid. i have mitchell on demand and the service manual and both aren't tellin me nothin.

Shane86
08-29-2018, 01:36 PM
let's see if I can remember how I did everything. a lot of people's not going to be able to answer this question. if the car is a 86-87 that's going to have a dashpot on the throttle body. There's going to be three nipples on the throttle body one for charcoal canister map sensor and one runs for the dash pot with a check valve. two hoses are going to come off the vacuum advance to that igniter valve. inside the Black Box there's a white and green UFO that connects to the EGR valve. I hope that helps that's all I really know it's recommended to convert to OBD1 before you remove any of that stuff

Donnyten
08-29-2018, 06:13 PM
I think I basically have no choice but to keep the rest. Not deleting the evap or EGR systems so I suppose I will need the rest of the crap in the black Box. I have an 88 lxi with either an AC idle up boost valve connected to the passenger side intake or some sort of dash pot thingy. It ran to a solenoid which was also connected to a vacuum canister. Not too sure wut it was 4 so I deleted it as I was under the assumption it was an AC idle up boost valve but the manual isn't so clear as to what I have or im not looking at it correctly

Shane86
08-29-2018, 07:24 PM
On the 86 87 the idle up boost controller is on the driverside of intake manifold that has a spring on the bottom of it

Donnyten
08-29-2018, 07:32 PM
Ok cool. Thats prolly what it is then

Donnyten
08-29-2018, 07:33 PM
Any performance issues since u deleted egr? And were u able to pass emissions without it?

Shane86
08-29-2018, 08:44 PM
in Florida we don't have emissions. the car ran a long time with code 12. After removing the box the car ran a lot better and code 12 went away for 2 weeks a couple months later i converted to 0bd1 which doesn't use the EGR valve