PDA

View Full Version : Uni-blade windshield wiper

JaVaSa84
02-21-2003, 10:15 AM
I want to know how do I convert from the two windshield wipers to just one?

It's come to my attention that people are just looking at this question and not answering it. This is some serious shit though. Based on the answer, I'm going to take the appropriate steps to get this done. I come to y'all cause y'all specialize in 3G Accords so don't let me down.
Holla bacc wit an answer!

Mike's89AccordLX
02-21-2003, 11:06 AM
Dude sometimes it takes more than 16 minutes to get an answer. Believe me when someone that has a uni-wiper sees this thread i'm sure they'll explain it to you. I wanted to convert my wipers to a uni-wiper too but my g/f thinks it's gay looking. She doesn't like how my bros uni-wiper looks so she doesn't think it would look good on my car. I personally don't care wither way b/c with one it looks tight but without two you don't get much visible area.

89AccordLvr
02-21-2003, 12:02 PM
here u go:

http://www.accordracing.com/how-tos/singlewiper.htm

Mike89Accordcom
02-21-2003, 12:16 PM
I had one for a while, but when it rains, it sucks!

JaVaSa84
02-21-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by 89AccordLvr
here u go:

http://www.accordracing.com/how-tos/singlewiper.htm

Thanks homie!

JaVaSa84
02-21-2003, 01:04 PM
How does it succ when it rains homie???

89AccordLvr
02-21-2003, 01:09 PM
no problem java its all good

markmdz89hatch
02-21-2003, 01:26 PM
like dat?

http://images.cardomain.com/installs/210000-210999/210989_92_full.jpg

JaVaSa84
02-21-2003, 01:31 PM
How many inches is that blade Mark?

markmdz89hatch
02-21-2003, 01:43 PM
it's the stock 19" blade. If I were you, I wouldn't go any bigger then that b/c then you'll lose some of the "wipe" on the drivers side. At the angle that I have mine, the blade will stop only about a 1/4 inch from the edge of the windshield and go damn near all the way to the bottom of the windshield.

Can I just say hell yeah! I can't believe that someone else is doing a uniwiper. This was "played out" about 3 yrs. ago, so I'm glad to see some of the newbies out there going back to the ol'school ways.

Mike's89AccordLX
02-21-2003, 01:59 PM
I am thinking about doing this also but my girlfriend thinks it's really gay. I convinced her to let me get nitrious finally so I think I can convince her to let me do this too.

Mike89Accordcom
02-21-2003, 05:04 PM
2 wipers is always better than 1. I had one for about 3 years, but it got old and got played out.

JaVaSa84
02-21-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Mike's89AccordLX
I am thinking about doing this also but my girlfriend thinks it's really gay. I convinced her to let me get nitrious finally so I think I can convince her to let me do this too.

What kind of talk is this? Do you share the car with your girlfriend or something?
"I CONVINCED her to LET me....."

SiR
02-21-2003, 06:04 PM
I also had one wiper going on when I was in the middle of High School. I got tired of it so I went back to two, which I think looks more appropiate. When I had one, i went to 21" blade, when it rain a lot in FL, it wasnt bad at all, just the same for me at least. Passangers dont like it just it gets in their way of viewing, and g/f's dont like not being able to see!

Coroncho80
02-21-2003, 06:46 PM
::Hrmmmm:: did somebody said "Uni-wiper?"

http://images.cardomain.com/installs/307000-307999/307946_12_full.jpg

I use a 24" Bosch wiper and I they DON'T suck when it rains. It covers most of the windshield. I must agree with AccordSiR. The passengers don't like it because they can't not see properly. But hey, they gotta suck it up because it MY CAR! :D

Mark: RIGHT ON BROTHER! we gotta keep representing :lol

JaVaSa84
02-21-2003, 06:53 PM
Now thats whats really up! Exactly what I wanted to hear.

SiR
02-21-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Coroncho80
::Hrmmmm:: did somebody said "Uni-wiper?"
I use a 24" Bosch wiper and I they DON'T suck when it rains. It covers most of the windshield. I must agree with AccordSiR. The passengers don't like it because they can't not see properly. But hey, they gotta suck it up because it MY CAR! :D

Is that a white "H" on your hood, your car looks even more like mine now that I have the newer front bumper. I just gotta put my white "H" back on again on the new hood.
http://www.3geez.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=151295

Coroncho80
02-21-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by AccordSiR
Is that a white "H" on your hood, your car looks even more like mine now that I have the newer front bumper. I just gotta put my white "H" back on again on the new hood.

Danm you're right! your car looks kind of like mines............ Cool man. It's not a completely white H. It's got gray on the back ground but the H itself is kind of chrome. That way it could match with the crome bar in front of the hood.

Tim Yoak
02-21-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by 89AccordLvr
here u go:
http://www.accordracing.com/how-tos/singlewiper.htm you need a link to remove the wiper arm? you unbolt it:stupid: try removing the spring step drilling the lower arm and repaint it black then reinstall the spring it looks good and you still have two wipers. when you just take a wiper off it looks like you just have a broken wiper

Originally posted by Tim Yoak
you need a link to remove the wiper arm? you unbolt it:stupid: try removing the spring step drilling the lower arm and repaint it black then reinstall the spring it looks good and you still have two wipers. when you just take a wiper off it looks like you just have a broken wiper the idea of two wipers is so you can see where you are going when it's raining, you could go for a uni headlight too just don't replace it when it burns out :lol

Originally posted by Mike's89AccordLX
I am thinking about doing this also but my girlfriend thinks it's really gay. I convinced her to let me get nitrious finally so I think I can convince her to let me do this too. not if she can't see out her side of the car :D

Originally posted by Coroncho80
No offence dude, but that was not funny ;) ok ok it's just a joke thats all, it is dangerous when you do something to reduce your visability. if it wasn't dark i would take a picture of my wiper blades that i step drilled, still gives the race look with two blades. i think some states it's illegal to not have a functioning wiper also. not sure but i think the dot says two wipers

is the site messing up or something? all the quotes are out of place or something acting strange

Coroncho80
02-21-2003, 07:54 PM
the idea of two wipers is so you can see where you are going when it's raining, you could go for a uni headlight too just don't replace it when it burns out :lol

No offence dude, but that was not funny ;)

dXsquared
02-21-2003, 07:59 PM
that was gay!
REPRESENTIN THE UNI WIPER OLD SKOOL SHIT!!!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid52/p48a93bddda56ae48d04b333c9900e57d/fc9a986d.jpg
WHO likes the SHINE on that bitch????
Travis

i just realized i have mah smoked bumper lights there!
oh and everyones wiper looks diferent...
Travis

Coroncho80
02-21-2003, 08:21 PM
ok ok it's just a joke thats all

hahaha :lol ok dude. I will let it slide this time :D

Post some pics of your wipers, you got me curious now!

accordrcr86
03-01-2005, 12:35 AM
Its really easy to have one wiper all you do is remove the driver side wiper then unbolt the passenger one and move it up some so when you turn it on it covers the entire window and when its off you get the uni-wiper look.
towards the last few pics of my car youll see a few pics of mine with my uni-wiper
www.cardomain.com/id/accordrcr86

Mattphi
03-01-2005, 04:38 AM
wordddd.......im thinkin bout it

Moodybluesr
03-01-2005, 03:08 PM
FYI:
There was recently an accident in Illinois involving a driver who had modified his car to use one wiper. It was raining at the time of the accident. The driver of the other vehicle was at fault according to the officer at the scene, but was able to get his decision overturned in court because the kid had "modified a safety function of his vehicle."

Bottom line: If you get in an accident that is not your fault, you could be held responsible for it anyway just because you want to "look cool." (or look like my XT6 that comes with a mono-wiper) :D

88accordhb
03-01-2005, 03:31 PM
why one, when you can have 2?

Low Tek
03-01-2005, 04:10 PM
why one, when you can have 2?

I think sometimes 2 is always better then one.. lol specially in this deal.. I thought about it and then.. naw.. so I am goin to paint match the color scheme for my car

NXRacer
03-01-2005, 04:45 PM
they make 2 for a reason. The professional cars you see rolling with one wiper have conversions that allow it to work right, instead of ghettofying it by adjusting the wiper arm.

oh yeah, holy old thread revival batman!

Low Tek
03-01-2005, 04:58 PM
oh yeah, holy old thread revival batman!

hell yea!! I never looked at the dates till you said something, this things has not had posts since 03... this is a dinosaur.. lol

3gmodifier
06-18-2005, 01:53 AM
for the non raining seasons, i just take both wipers off, i personaly think the car looks cleaner with out them.

Busted_Blue
06-18-2005, 07:52 PM
for the non raining seasons, i just take both wipers off, i personaly think the car looks cleaner with out them.

what happens if something spills on your windshield why you are driving?

another holy revival batman.

Low Tek
06-18-2005, 07:54 PM
*screeeeeeeeeeechhhh!!!!! C R A S H!!!!!!*

AccordEpicenter
06-18-2005, 08:43 PM
mono wipers are still homo

88Accord-DX
06-18-2005, 08:55 PM
Shits sound like an accident waiting to happen in heavy rain.

AccordEpicenter
06-18-2005, 08:58 PM
I just dont get the point...

ACCORD1.8CARB
08-01-2005, 11:31 PM
rain X anyone? and unless u want 2 avoid 1 of these :slap: from your lady. id stick wit 2...

lostforawhile
08-02-2005, 06:01 PM
let's take both wipers off this post and send it out in the rain,maby it will die for good this time. :lol:

epic1400cs
08-09-2005, 09:07 PM
I have heard about regendaly Porsche drivers team 'Midnight' in Japan (they are the grand dad of Initial-D) in the 80's. They normally don't have wipers on their 911s cos they cruise on motorway or battle in mountain and they thought wiper create air drag or it flys away when they are doing 200km/h. When it starts rains, they fit wipers within a minute on the hard shoulder like pit-in. If somebody spit - I don't know but if 10 Porsches are doing @200km/h on motorway and all the drivers looks scarly, not so many people can spit on it.

halxi
08-09-2005, 10:03 PM
accordcr86, i was just lookin at your cardomain site. What the hell did they do when they vandalized it? take the bumper/front suspension and leave it sitting on the tires or what? looks like they had some time to do it, where you out of town or somethin?

A18A
11-17-2005, 02:45 AM
edit

FyreDaug
11-17-2005, 10:52 AM
1 wiper mods are out, why arent people going with 3????

3G Jester
11-17-2005, 11:25 AM
why wqas this thread resurected!?!?!? LET IT DIE!!! anyone who posts after this saying the same thing....itll just turn into post whoring....

uni-wiper=:rice:

HondaBoy
11-17-2005, 10:13 PM
i was going to try a go at the one wiper arm. i was going to do it right though by modifing the "connecting rod" from the motor to the wiper. still havent gotten around to that one, i should try that though with parts from the one at the junk yard. 3 wiper, lol.
http://www.tmgr.org/Images/Classifieds/Koehler/MG2.jpg

lostforawhile
03-05-2007, 04:37 PM
all right we agree the one wiper idea is idiotic, has anyone ever thought of doing some extensive modifications and causing the wipers to recess in the cowl when off?

ChaseR
03-05-2007, 04:47 PM
I would use rain-x in conjunction with that.

skycam_313
03-05-2007, 07:20 PM
:lock: this old thread please........

uni wipers are gay...... and thats that.:D

Low Tek
03-05-2007, 07:25 PM
my subaru has that already!! kinda cool

labeledsk8r
03-05-2007, 08:18 PM
all right we agree the one wiper idea is idiotic, has anyone ever thought of doing some extensive modifications and causing the wipers to recess in the cowl when off?

my cutlass does that when there off it goes in the cowl completly out of sight looks clean, alot of GM cars have it so look there for ideas on that idea

lostforawhile
03-05-2007, 08:36 PM
:lock: this old thread please........
uni wipers are gay...... and thats that.:Dwell I was trying to steeer this thread in a completly different direction.

markmdz89hatch
03-10-2007, 04:44 PM

good point Tim. This can definitly be done. It's as simple as what's mentioned in post just about 2 up from yours. All you'll need to do is modify the rods from the wiper motor that drive the wiper itself. In this case, extend it by whatever length needed to make the full sweep of the windshield.

My car was one of them that caused this thread to start so many years ago. Even then, this 'mod' was 5-10 years outdated. I'm happy to say that my car is still sporting the uni as it sits in my garage right now.