PDA

View Full Version : [A20A1] Can we resurrect the vacuum delete thread?

OEM87Accord
09-15-2018, 06:01 AM
I am in the middle of fixing a ton of things on my Accord right now, and one of them is a fast idle after rebuilding the carb. All adjustment screws are out of play right now (as in none of them are pushing on anything) and it still idles around 2500RPM constantly.

I want to do the full Stage 4 vac delete, but the one thread with all the info in it - https://www.3geez.com/forum/how/11067-running-keihin-2bbl-carburetor-without-emissions-electronic-contorls.html - is full of dead pics.

Anyone here willing to help a brother out with getting this done? I want to do this to prep the car for a new Weber carb and get her running like a champ again!

night
09-15-2018, 11:22 AM
If you are going to do a weber then all that stuff is junk anyway.

But the idle stuff I just don't remember. I used to work on those carbs so much, but it has been too long :(

Tread
09-25-2018, 03:36 AM
I would love to see some pictures as well. I had to do the mech. Secondary conversion "blind" and it took me quite some time to get it figured out.

2oodoor
09-25-2018, 03:42 PM
I literally take off a 30 gal garbage can FULL of unnecessary hardware off the engine when doing a Weber conversion. It is a ritual! Never ever have I ever seen a more complex "computer" controlled carb set up than these. Thing is, very little is actually computer controlled, it is a mass of temp cont vacuum switches, vac actuators where nobody ever used them before, choke hardware that is just insane!! What else would you expect from a company competing with Mercedes & Detroit's finest AND cheepest at the same time....producing in the same tier design, fuel injected models and carbureted models.

Tread
09-26-2018, 12:13 PM
I will be doing the Weber conversion in the spring, but until then it would be nice to clean up the engine bay, and have better performance from the stock carb.

InAccordance
09-26-2018, 06:36 PM
go DCOEs!

Avo
10-03-2018, 10:01 AM
I would also like to see the pics.

Dr_Snooz
10-06-2018, 08:57 PM
If you want pics, you'll have to take them yourselves and post them up for us to put into the thread. Sorry.