PDA

View Full Version : Unplugged wire under passenger seat (1989)

brandon1989
09-25-2018, 04:12 PM
Hey all, I've been trying to find the source of the problem of my headlights not flipping up or down. I can adjust them manually, just replaced nearly every fuse in the vehicle as well. The lights themselves turn on and the switch on the dash is not pressed in. While trying to find the source, I was reading the manual and saw the 'headlight washer relays' or something was underneath the passenger seat. Having heard that the motors for headlights are often wiper motors, I was thinking this might be my problem. However, this wire doesn't seem to connect to anything! It's a clip wire that is 2x2. Rather large, nearly an inch by an inch. I can post photos if that would help. Thank you guys so much!

Shane86
09-25-2018, 04:43 PM
The two headlight relays are in the engine bay passenger side out front by the radiator overfill tank

gcovarrubias412
09-25-2018, 05:28 PM
Maybe you shorted something out. Did you unplug the negative battery cable when you were swapping fuses?

brandon1989
09-25-2018, 05:58 PM
Do you have to remove anything to see them? I've looked in many guides and manuals and cannot seem to find them.