PDA

View Full Version : My lucky day at the junkyard

YK86
02-21-2003, 07:33 PM
Just came back from spending 2.5 hours at a local wrecker. But it was well worth it. I picked up a full SE-i 4dr leather interior that matches my car's interior (dark grey). Door panels, front and rear seats, center console, cupholder, armrest, and the push button heater controls/motor/most of the harness. I don't see too many Canadian 3rd gens that come with push buttons. The driver's side is ripped, and wet but the passenger side was pretty good (no huge rips) and the rear was mint (aside from needing a good cleaning). 2 of the door panels were soaked with the rear fiberboard backing all bloated and useless so I'll probably just rip out the leather inserts and put them on my other panels. All the interior stuff is in the boiler room at work so that should speed up the drying. The armrest needs to be redone but it's pretty small so it shouldn't cost that much.

I also grabbed the rear disk brakes, e-brake cables, e-brake handle (mine was worn out), and propertioner. They told me I can come back to grab the rest of the rear suspension (arms, strut and springs, crossbeam, sway bar, etc) because they have never seen an SE-i before and thought it was US only and was worried this stuff wouldn't fit my drum brake rear LOL. So I'll probably grab that stuff too since it's free. I could probably use some of the bushings and stuff. I also grabbed a rear tranny mount for the 90 EX-R (they cost like $200US brand new because it's vaccum controlled or something and I'll need it soon). I got all of this for roughly $500US which isn't bad because the only other wrecker I found that had an SE-i beige leather interior a while back wanted about $500US for just the interior. Some pics:
http://yk86.hypermart.net/seiparts1.jpg
http://yk86.hypermart.net/seiparts2.jpg
http://yk86.hypermart.net/seiparts3.jpg
http://yk86.hypermart.net/seiparts4.jpg

johndej
02-21-2003, 07:40 PM
nice nice nice. as soon as the snow melts and i get cash i'm going to see if i can find a SE-i around here.

Mike's89AccordLX
02-21-2003, 07:51 PM
Hey YK86, would you be maybe selling just the armrest pad? I have a SE-i console and don't have the leather pad and bracket. I have been looking for one for quite sometime and hopefully you could hook me up.

YK86
02-21-2003, 08:03 PM
Do you mean just the top lid?? If so, no since I'll be using this one as a whole.

slammedLXI
02-21-2003, 08:15 PM
what are u gonna do about that driver side seat? looks kinda badddd.

Chris86Lxi
02-21-2003, 08:32 PM
that drivers seat looks like a piece of TRASH! Don't tell me your gonna put that shitbucket in your car. Just because it's leather, don't mean it's better. Leather gets hot in the summer and roast your legs and colder than shit in the winter to freeze your balls. Leather is DEFINATELY OVERRATED!

Chris

88LXi68
02-21-2003, 09:11 PM
nice find Yasu. Come on guys.... do you really think Yasu is going to put that seatin his car without re-upholstering it?

YK86
02-22-2003, 01:25 AM
LOL. Yeah, leather is overrated but it does look nice if it's in good shape. I have very comfortable front Prelude seats in there right now and I don't think I'll be using the shitty leather ones unless I get them fixed (which I probably won't). I didn't even want the front ones but they threw them in the package deal. The main things I wanted was the complete disk brake setup, door panels, and rear seats and I got them at a half decent price so I consider the rest of the stuff I got as free.

iloveJDMblackrims69
02-22-2003, 02:42 PM
I LOVE LEATHER!!!

original2k
02-22-2003, 03:34 PM
sweet deal man, like he said tho, leather is "good" condition is nice...lol

Elijah
02-22-2003, 03:46 PM
I have the push button heater in my car.I thought it was rare I dont have it in any of my 86 EX-i's.Just my 89.

markmdz89hatch
02-22-2003, 04:11 PM
damn Yasu, nice find man. That'll certainly look sweet as hell, and those rear disc will help bring that sedan ever closer to completion. Not to mention, it'll stand out at the top with the other elite 3g's of this board. Good stuff, and good luck with all the project.

DarknessRS
02-23-2003, 01:40 AM
Definately a good price. My local junkyard here in the Sac area wants $300 for just the SEi rear disc equipment.

Coroncho80
02-23-2003, 01:26 PM
Congrats Yasu! That is the same leather interios as mines. Most if not all of the Seis here have the cream leather and not the gray. I thought mines was the only one out there with gray leather interior. For those of you that think that the seats are a PS, let me tell you that my driver seat was kind of like that whe I bought the car, but after everything was redone............... Yall can imagine :D It will look pretty tight in you car Yasu. Congrats again! a lot of ppl here will KILL to find what you found and specially for that price............. Right Mark! :D

Here is my interior looks like and I know that Yasu's will look much better. The only thing that needs to be done with my leather is the side of the driver seat. Besides that, all the seats are done! :D

http://images.cardomain.com/installs/307000-307999/307946_13_full.jpg

Here is what I'm talking about. That will be taking care of when the whole carpet gets replace with a black carpert. Hopefuly by early March :D

http://images.cardomain.com/installs/307000-307999/307946_14_full.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/installs/307000-307999/307946_15_full.jpg

Mike's89AccordLX
02-23-2003, 01:34 PM
That makes me want to go to Canada for junkyards now. In MN they are really high for yard prices. I have to remind the guy that its just a fricken junkyard :)

HondaBoy
03-16-2003, 07:53 PM
ah. u had one of those lucky dayz 2. well i had the same luck with side skirts i got for $25. the SE-I they came off of had the complete brake system. im thinkin about gettin them cuz they are in great condition.

damackz
03-16-2003, 11:31 PM
daymn yasu u da man haha ur ride is gonna be hella tight once u get done with everything :pimp:

87accordlxi
03-16-2003, 11:39 PM
way to go yasu! looks like you have some work ahead of you :D

YK86
03-17-2003, 12:35 AM
I was surprised this thread got bumped backup. Anyways, thanks for the comments. I'm getting the armrest reupholstered in black leather right now to go along with the black interior I plan on doing. I got so much stuff to do but it'll be fun. I'll probably do a bit of everythng at once and not finish anything LOL.

Steven Nauman
05-21-2003, 01:22 PM
hey YK86
how much is it costing you to get the arm rest redone with leather? let me know cuz i need to get mine done!!
steve

YK86
05-21-2003, 02:06 PM
I paid $70CAD (about $50US) taxes in (14.5% here in BC) for real black leather. They had some left overs from a seat they were doing so I got a bit of a deal on the leather itself. Plus I stripped down the armrest as much as possible to save a little bit.

3G Jester
05-21-2003, 08:23 PM
wow. i missed this thread the first time around. looks nice man. why was that car even atthe j/y? how was the exterior?

YK86
05-21-2003, 10:15 PM
It was a write off because it has a big engine fire. But the rest of the car was in really good shape. What a waste but lucky for me. My guess is it had leaky injector seals that eventually caught fire.

3rd GEN
05-22-2003, 01:31 AM
hey yasu.. nice find man...
damn, you always find the good shit..hehe

3G Jester
05-22-2003, 04:34 AM
heh...i wonder how many people wento check their injector seals after reading that....:rolleyes: