PDA

View Full Version : Customizing 87 Accord LX

YoungSlothh
10-15-2018, 11:49 AM
I love this car, recently fixed a lot of problems on it. Shaking in idle caused by timing being off by two notches. Still shakes when cold and when AC is on. Thinking it’s the IAC valve or a vacuum leak. Need speedometer cable, where would I find one, I can’t seem to find one? Anyways, I am getting a car for my fiancé soon so I can project this car. I want to lower and stance it (I know I know typical river, but I like it) but I don’t think they make coil overs or lowering springs for this year. Would I have to get a whole new suspension system? A forum I read said I would need to install a 92+ accord suspension system. Also want to add some body mods to it. Can’t seem to find them either. I just really want a typical “Honda JDM” car, I like the look. I do know that I will receive some flak for this lol, but it’s just a personal goal! All help and links are appreciated!

YoungSlothh
10-22-2018, 09:13 AM
Bump

schaff70
10-22-2018, 10:32 AM
Being fairly new here also I've done a lot of searching. Body mods are pretty much gone at this point. The whole Fast & Furious craze has passed and with no demand, there is no supply, especially for a car that's over 20 years old. There are still a few shops that carry a full body kit (only 1 maker left, don't remember the manufacturer), or some will sell just the front bumper cover.

As far as suspension, there are options, some bolt on (coilovers are available but pricey), some with modifications to fit. Depending on your skill level, anything is possible with enough time and money.

My best advice is to start reading or searching. The easiest way to search is as follows :

Google.com

Enter this - site:www.3geez.com/forum coilovers (or whatever you are looking for. just include the space after the word forum). This will pull up pages of information, some helpful, some not relevant, but it makes searching easier.

good luck, don't be afraid to ask questions though. You won't get any flaming from me, even though it may have been asked before. We all have to start someplace.

Dr_Snooz
10-22-2018, 08:00 PM
My bet is that some of the OG lurkers on this board have body kits squirreled away in their Y2K bunkers, between the canned beans and space blankets. Keep watching the board, keep searching eBay and you'll probably find something nice at some point.

Shane86
10-23-2018, 02:29 AM
https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Honda-Accord-1986-1987-Xenon-5030-Body-Kit-Unpainted/302854490564?epid=691095965&hash=item468388c9c4%3Ag%3Az2oAAOSw8WdbfXwi&fits=Year%3A1986%7CMake%3AHonda%7CModel%3AAccord%7 CTrim%3ALX%20Sedan%204-Door%7CSubmodel%3ALX%7CEngine%3A2.0L%201955CC%20l4 %20GAS%20SOHC%20Naturally%20Aspirated%7CEngine%20-%20Liter_Display%3A2.0L

Dr_Snooz
10-23-2018, 07:40 PM
Nice!

InAccordance
10-24-2018, 04:42 AM
1200$, jeebus

Oldblueaccord
10-26-2018, 08:30 PM
Bump

Keep searching here

K sports makes two kits I put a thread about them on here.

Camber you can get adjustable arms rear, adjusters front.

Bump the idle up if it shakes and live with its 2.0l 4 cylinder Honda not a Lexus.

My SRT Cherokee shakes bad with the MDS engaged my wife wont wont drive with me unless I turn it off. its a 72k ride.

Body mods no havent seen any since 1990's....its 2018.

There good cars good tech for what they where in the late 80;'s.

InAccordance
10-26-2018, 10:14 PM
Back, I went with adjustable arms from rockauto, they still have them in stock.
Front, I found a pair of 2g prelude upper arms, cost more than I want to admit but worth it in the end. They do make adjustable mounting bolts but I wouldn't trust those as much as the Prelude arms and it forces them entire arm outward which can cause clearance issues when lowered.

YoungSlothh
11-09-2018, 10:54 AM
I’ve looked into getting coil overs for my year and model of car, and they just don’t anymore. I would have to buy a new suspension system of a newer Honda, and then slap some coil overs in it. It’s a little pricey. I love this car though! I don’t mind not being able to find body kits, because I know that the F&F craze is over lol. Most people just slam, stance and add a wing to it. Which is what I would like to do ultimately.

InAccordance
11-11-2018, 07:29 PM
You can still get lowering springs for these. I got a killer deal on some Dropzones. They ride great too, not too stiff or overly bouncy.

Dr_Snooz
11-11-2018, 08:46 PM
I'm planning at some point to grab a couple stock coilovers from the junkyard, measure them up and call around to see if I can find something to fit. I get that no one is going to have an entry in their database for our specific cars, but I have a hard time believing that we don't have any options at all.