PDA

View Full Version : Learning about our hondas on VHS??

87accordlxph
02-22-2003, 11:27 AM
Hi guys

I'm watching Horsepower t.v. now and wow! it's a great show to learn all about muscle cars.

Does anyone out there know where one can get a learning video to do the proper maintenace/modding and restoration on a honda? Just like what the mechanics show the viewers on t.v.? Watching a video and picking up some tips from pros would make me a much more wiser honda tuner, like a pro honda man should :)

Reading manuals and not really working on a Honda (because it's too cold or not having the proper tools or no garage!) doesn't really help me.

I'm thinking of taking a mechanics course at a college that offers one at night, so that I can get all the "hands on" experience and obtain more knowlege, more over having all the confidence to do just about any repair on my honda w/o distroying a good running honda accord. (a 3rd gen is what I'm talking about :D)

If anyone has any info let me know or just reply to this post.

Thanks,

-Mike

niceride
10-19-2003, 12:19 AM
I'm wondering the same thing. I saw a video at amazon.com labled auto guide 109; honda accord by tapeworm studios. I'm thinking of buy the tape but there are no reviews. I've been trying to find a book that has detailed pictures/discriptions as to how to do things in my 89 lxi I have Haynes repair manual but it lacks in pictorial content.

k-roy
10-21-2003, 05:42 PM
This site is on general automotive repair and should help some.
http://www.diynet.com/diy/autos_boats
You should check out www.pauldesign.ru
This is a site from a member who actually took the time to scan a few hundred pages of a Honda service manual for the 3g. Man I wish I could pull off that kind of stuff here in the US without being sued. Stupid copyright lawyers.