PDA

View Full Version : Oil Pressure guage

skaterjunky8
02-22-2003, 02:46 PM
I need help installing can someone give me a quick run through? Baught it second hand, no instructions. Thanks

cruznz
02-23-2003, 12:34 AM
what type of gauge?....electrical or mechanical?...aftermarket type or OEM?

skaterjunky8
02-23-2003, 06:26 PM
aftermarket mechanical

bobafett
02-23-2003, 08:45 PM
i can post up the instructions for mine eventually, they are not at my house they are at 87hybrids... but next time i go over there i will grab them...

its not that hard for mechanical though, you basically run a "T" into your oil line somewhere (not sure where) and then plug the little nylon hose into the back of the gauge. then you wire up the lights (if it has them) to your dash light power, and maybe run a ground, but i am not sure about the ground... maybe thats only for electrical gauges, i have been looking at my volt gauge too...

Mike's89AccordLX
02-23-2003, 08:51 PM
Maybe I should get one of those too, My oil light has come on twice this week.

skaterjunky8
02-23-2003, 10:01 PM
Yeah i know how to hook it up i just dont know where the oil line connects to the cars oil system.

cruznz
02-24-2003, 12:05 AM
use a t-fitting in where the oil sender gauge is

skaterjunky8
02-24-2003, 11:30 AM
Where do i out the T under the hood?? A picture or something would be very helpful

yaxley
02-24-2003, 02:22 PM
look under your intake manafold you should see your oil filter on top of that screwd in is you oil pressure sending unit unscrew it and put a T(if you want to keep your pressure sending unit). You should have a clear hose and some brass pieses one is a female nut with a hole in the top you slide that on to the hose then you have a cone shaped piece with a hole through it stick that on the hose(fat side facing the nut you just put on)now you have a neat male to male fitting that is screwed on(all your pieces should be together now) the other end of the male to male piece get screwed to your oil filter bracket(or the T if you are keeping your oil presure sending unit)for the other side you do the same thing but the male part is on the gauge.
ps use some plumbers tape on the threads when you put it together.

peace

yaxley
02-24-2003, 02:33 PM
sorry I forgot as for your light you should have a red and a black wire.red goes to a power line that is dimable.(the light over your deck maybe or take the cover of your insterment cluster and take an inline splice (little blue rectangal you clip one side of the conector on the power line push the red wire into the other side take plyers and squish the metal piece and you are conected)
black wire goes to any ground.