PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

cfdul
11-26-2018, 10:25 PM
Hey guys,

It all started with my power steering pump failing on my '07 V6 Accord. The mechanic told me the price and I immediately went on youtube to watch videos and did it myself. Now, I have a small toolbox and am trading in a guitar of mine for a mint 1984 Accord with a blown motor.

Now, I know that jumping from power steering pump to full blown engine rebuild (with engine swap being the most likely route I'll take) is quite a leap, but I have been enjoying my time tinkering around with my car and want to learn the ins and out by doing rather than waiting until last minute due to being scared of losing my DD.

I will definitely be lurking in the forums raking in any information on the Accord since youtube videos on the car seem to only be commercials of the car when it first came out.

Thank you for hearing me out and I hope to be able to meet a whole lot of you guys!

Shane86
11-27-2018, 01:49 AM
Welcome good luck with the project

gcovarrubias412
11-27-2018, 06:03 AM
Hey guys,

It all started with my power steering pump failing on my '07 V6 Accord. The mechanic told me the price and I immediately went on youtube to watch videos and did it myself. Now, I have a small toolbox and am trading in a guitar of mine for a mint 1984 Accord with a blown motor.

Now, I know that jumping from power steering pump to full blown engine rebuild (with engine swap being the most likely route I'll take) is quite a leap, but I have been enjoying my time tinkering around with my car and want to learn the ins and out by doing rather than waiting until last minute due to being scared of losing my DD.

I will definitely be lurking in the forums raking in any information on the Accord since youtube videos on the car seem to only be commercials of the car when it first came out.

Thank you for hearing me out and I hope to be able to meet a whole lot of you guys!

Nice! Lets get some pics going! I have an 84 Accord hatchback

Dr_Snooz
11-27-2018, 09:22 PM
Welcome! Best of luck with your project. Let us know how we can help.

cfdul
11-28-2018, 11:03 AM
I will post some shortly. I'm trying to get the right angles on it, haha. Yours looks awesome! I am jealous of the climate you get to keep yours in over in Cali. I'm in the Northeast and have to prep for these seasons coming in.

cfdul
11-28-2018, 11:04 AM
Welcome! Best of luck with your project. Let us know how we can help.

Thank you! I've been poking around the posts and see that you're a big help, I appreciate the welcome.

gcovarrubias412
11-28-2018, 05:42 PM
I will post some shortly. I'm trying to get the right angles on it, haha. Yours looks awesome! I am jealous of the climate you get to keep yours in over in Cali. I'm in the Northeast and have to prep for these seasons coming in.

Lol yea, gotta get them angles. Cali has the best weather lol, especially southern cali. Good luck with all that snow, man. Drive safe!