PDA

View Full Version : took of the resonator...

johnwc723
02-22-2003, 05:19 PM
yesterday, in my boredom i took off the front bumper to just take a look under there (it was hard to put back on, dont do it unless you have to!!!) and i decided i would take out the resonator for the intake (that big plastic tank in the front passenger side infront of the wheel.

then i decided to put duct tape over the actual intake and have the intake be "cold air" through the little vent thing under the blinker in the front.

i was wondering if anyone has done this, or if this was even a good idea?

2old_honda
02-22-2003, 06:25 PM
REMOVE THE DUCT TAPE NOW!! DO NOT DRIVE WITH IT ON THERE! the engine could easily suck it in and that would be BAD!

dews89blkaccord
02-22-2003, 08:07 PM
Go ahead and either make a cold air intake or buy one.
Your almost half way there.

AccordEpicenter
02-22-2003, 08:36 PM
or just cut the front off the resonator and use it as a scoop in the bumper, thats what I did

HondaManDan
02-22-2003, 09:38 PM
anyone notice any performance boost?

johnwc723
02-22-2003, 10:23 PM
lol, i havnet yet, im about to "cut up the resonator" right now which will pump much more air in there!

johnwc723
02-23-2003, 12:53 AM
i cut it up with my dremel, it looks very nice :) tomorrow i can see if my preformace goes up (im thinking it might when im going fast due to the pressure of air in there)

I also sealed up all other air routes with ductape, so the air pretty much has to go into the Modresinator

im excited to see how it works :)

xbi0s
02-23-2003, 08:53 AM
The stock piping is too restrictive.

You need to make a short ram or a CAI

I put on the short ram (CAI being painted but temp dropped so I cant apply more coats)

The performance gains from a short ram (As well as MILEAGE gains per tanks of gas) was incredible

I can't wait to do the CAI

johnwc723
02-23-2003, 03:30 PM
so xbi0s

a short ram woulnt be cold air would it? it would just be i short little pipe off the intake (that is very wide) with one of those preformace filters?

(got a pic maybe?)

thankS!