PDA

View Full Version : Dying the interior

rideredorgohome
02-22-2003, 06:30 PM
Hey guys...I am thinking about dying the interior of my 3g and am wondering what you guys think about doing that. All of the computer mod guys are using vinyl dye and they all say that it is foolproof. I was thinking about dying my dash, doors back and center console of my hatchback black. Anyone know if dying carpet is really bad? My seats will be covered with kewl black seat covers. the current colour is maroon on a white car.

Immeraufdemhund
02-24-2003, 07:51 PM
well as a carpet man, i'd say as long as it's not really strong it shouldn't mess up the stich. If it's stains like wine or somethign like that, then i'd say go for it, make sure your carpet is really clean though, cause other wise it will look like garbage. if you can test it out by trying it out iwth the carpet that is under your back seats. as for the rest of things..i wouldn't have a clue

Mike's89AccordLX
02-24-2003, 07:56 PM
I didn't know there was a vinyl dye. Where can you buy that stuff?

hot86accrd86
02-25-2003, 07:23 PM
what about the seat belt color it would have to be changed also

Darkside
02-26-2003, 10:04 AM
Well I used vinyl dye to do my interior it is now 2-toned blue and black. Vinyl dye is easy to use and is retouchable. It does show wear. but its easy to retouch. Yo should be able to get it at any auto store. Or an upolstry shop has the even better stuff. Wow I can't spell. If you want pics let me know. Darkside

Mike's89AccordLX
02-26-2003, 01:11 PM
Do you know what the brand name of this vinyl dye is?

hot86accrd86
02-26-2003, 04:30 PM
i would like to see some pics before i mess with any thing if any body has some post em