PDA

View Full Version : Loosing fuel pressure

Donnyten
12-15-2018, 05:44 AM
Ive been battling a fuel pressure issue for some time now, ive been living with slight idle misfires.. no misfires under load. Im loosing fuel pressure almost instantly after a prime which primes to only 21 psi then rapidly bleeds off to zero. I have one of those honda/acura Schrader fittings installed on the filter port next to the actual service port which is not leaking.

Long extended crank times results in a running car. Old fuel filter was filthy, replaced already. Injectors were physically leaking from the outside, replaced those too. The fuel pressure regulator seemed fine ( pulling vacuum hose) at idle resulted in psi increase. Pinching return line and priming brings vehicle to full pressure and stays for a bit.

Thought it mighta been thisc" mysterious check valve" in the fuel pump i keep hearing and have always known about. Luckily my friend had a spare assembly (brand new), issue is actually worse now. Friend also had a fuel regulator from a 92 honda that fits so i tried that too. No difference. ( do i specifically need an 88 regulator?)

Anyone got a picture of this fuel * check valve*? Is it internal or external to the assembly?? Is it elsewhere along the fuel system? Built in to the fuel filter? No visible leaks or smell of gas otherwise

Oldblueaccord
12-15-2018, 02:14 PM
Ive been battling a fuel pressure issue for some time now, ive been living with slight idle misfires.. no misfires under load. Im loosing fuel pressure almost instantly after a prime which primes to only 21 psi then rapidly bleeds off to zero. I have one of those honda/acura Schrader fittings installed on the filter port next to the actual service port which is not leaking.

Long extended crank times results in a running car. Old fuel filter was filthy, replaced already. Injectors were physically leaking from the outside, replaced those too. The fuel pressure regulator seemed fine ( pulling vacuum hose) at idle resulted in psi increase. Pinching return line and priming brings vehicle to full pressure and stays for a bit.

Thought it mighta been thisc" mysterious check valve" in the fuel pump i keep hearing and have always known about. Luckily my friend had a spare assembly (brand new), issue is actually worse now. Friend also had a fuel regulator from a 92 honda that fits so i tried that too. No difference. ( do i specifically need an 88 regulator?)

Anyone got a picture of this fuel * check valve*? Is it internal or external to the assembly?? Is it elsewhere along the fuel system? Built in to the fuel filter? No visible leaks or smell of gas otherwise

I think the check valve is part of the fuel pump assembly.

your pressure should be 36-38 psi running maybe a little more with the pressure reg. vacuum line disconnected. 21 is way to low.