PDA

View Full Version : Major Problems!!!! NEED HELP!

2Fast_Fiero
02-22-2003, 07:04 PM
Allright, the new 88 A20A3 is in the engine compartment, my transmission with a new clutch is bolted onto the engine. The Axles are on and the suspension is back together. I noticed a few bolts extra for the suspension, but there is no place for them to bolt onto, so I was thinking they were extras from the second block. The car rolled off of the ramps, and we tried to push it back in its place so we can park all our cars back into the driveway. But the car wont move, when we push on it to rock it, I notice the rear end bogs down a little, and it moves an inch and makes a click noise. There is no oil in the transmission, it is out of gear. My friend told me to adjust the linkage to the shifter, but there is no linkage, just a bar connected to everything. Everything seems perfect, except for the car not moving and that clicking sound. Also the front end is lifted like 1.5"s. I can push down on the suspension and it bends like its supposed to, but it is like the suspension is fucked or the brakes are locked up. You know when you pull on the ebrake when the cars moving and it stops, then you release the E Brake and the car drops a few cm??? Well its kinda like this, but NOT! My friend told me to try and push it forward, and to get the Clutch linkage adjusted to the new clutch so we can Disengage it, but I don't see why the clutch would matter because I can shift through all gears and put it in nuteral. It just does not want to move. I think the front brakes locked up when I was taping on them while the car rolled down the ramps. PLEASE HELP!!! I'm starting to hate honda's even more as I work with this car. The suspension on my Eclipse is a hell of alot easier to take appart and put back together then this honda.

SMITHACCORD*&
02-22-2003, 07:11 PM
Ok this may sound wierd as fuck. but get in the car, turn the key to the position before start then try moving it. i think your brakes are locked because you fully pressurized the system . try that. its just a suggestion

2Fast_Fiero
02-22-2003, 07:30 PM
The key is on the on position, but the battery is not installed. I had to turn it to the on position to unlock and turn the steering wheel.

SMITHACCORD*&
02-22-2003, 08:04 PM
did that help at all?
you might wanna try the batt

2Fast_Fiero
02-22-2003, 08:09 PM
Well, I'm not gonna go back out there now, it ended up getting too cold so were gonna wait till tomorow. But I'm glad the hard part is done ( Engine Swap from 87 to 88). Now just problem shooting and hooking up engine harnesses and vacume hoses is left. Lets pray it starts, if it don't I'm giving up on it and letting someone else do it.

SMITHACCORD*&
02-22-2003, 08:17 PM
vacume hoses are carb's worst nitemare lol i would know.

2Fast_Fiero
02-22-2003, 08:38 PM
Well this is a A20A3. The 87 A20A3 was blown, and has just been replaced with a 88 A20A3. But it has the 87's Intake Manifold and vacume hoses, so I should be fine. I know the entire fuel system and vacume system like the back of my hand on that car, lmao. I've taken it all off multiple times.

But PLEASE!!! If anyone else can help, PLEASE DO!

cruznz
02-23-2003, 12:49 AM
did you put the clutch in right?....had to ask..lol

2Fast_Fiero
02-23-2003, 03:18 PM
Yes, the clutch is in perfect, everything went well. Found out today that the brakes are seased up. We pulled the car back with my dad's V10 Dodge Ram 4x4 and we had to jerk the car to get the brakes to let off enough to let the wheels move. Tires on the ram were spinning when pulling the car lmao. Nobody here belived me it was the brakes, but I said it was, and so did a few other people. And now the people who didn't belive us are telling us " Do Not Say You Told ME So!!! "....lol