PDA

View Full Version : poppin subs

88lxicoupe
05-26-2002, 08:18 PM
i have my subs bridged and everytime i turn on my cd player or go to a diff song they pop. is that normal??

TeKKnoTeKK
05-26-2002, 11:49 PM
well explain the pop.....is it high or low? is it like a bass pop or higher pitched? Could be your ground, do you have the ground the same guage as your power wire?

88lxicoupe
05-27-2002, 06:11 PM
ya same gauge wire and its a good ground i multitested it but its like the subs r gettin a burst of energy and like make a thump sound like they r warming up its hard to explain.

shepherd79
05-28-2002, 04:29 AM
i have a simular problem but my sub does it when i turn my car off. and it is only one pop. i noticed that after i got the alpine HU.

n88accordLX-i
05-28-2002, 08:19 PM
some amps do that, its just signal turn on/off noise, its not gonna hurt anything

87AccordsterLx
06-01-2002, 01:32 PM
ya it could just be the amp... one thing you may want to check is if the RCA wires are close to power wires of the Amp..... sometimes power surges will transmit noise into the RCA wires causing poping sensations.... they should be ran on different sides of the car....

shepherd79
06-01-2002, 06:49 PM
Ok guys,
i fixed my poping problem.
I spend half a day on putting a new wirring for the amp. I am gonna buy a new amp soon so i just ran 4gage wire for the power and ground. i ran RCA on the left side of the car and power cable on the right side of the car.
I grounded very good with a 1/2 inch bolt and nut. it is not going anywhere.
I am still running a Jensen 300 watt amp. Well, after all the work i did today, my amp is not pushing sub as it used to. It is older model so all i gave is a gain and Db boost controllers.
i have to turn them all the way up to her some bass.
But the poping stoped.

87AccordsterLx
06-03-2002, 02:02 PM
thats good to hear... I really think it was because the wires were to close together... get a newer amp and you should be home free......