PDA

View Full Version : Shave this, shave that....

kicker1_solo
02-22-2003, 11:16 PM
Well it's official, I just signed a contract saying I'm gonna buy my gf's 88 LXi. So it's mine now even though I've been driving it for the past 3 weeks. The trunk is banged up and needs to be replaced so I'm just going to get a new one. I decided that I'm going to shave all the emblems on the trunk except for the H. Also thinking about shaving the inner tail lights, I would really like to, any objections of why I shouldn't? I know I'd lose my reverse lights, but I think I can live without them. Here's a quick pic of what I'm talking about, sorry about the crappy PS job, I did it really quick
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid52/p95b48b7039369baaf9c3bf116459cb89/fc9949d3.jpg
I was considering shaving the license plate area as well, but then I thought about the key hole, I kinda like having it there. And it would look funny being the only thing on the trunk, and I wouldn't wanna bother relocating it. Opinions?
Any other body work I should do while I'm at it? I don't wanna shave the door handles, and I'm thinking about shaving the side moldings, haven't decided for sure yet though.

netfreak
02-22-2003, 11:25 PM
Eh, what happens when you go to reverse and the car behind you sees you moving backward with no lights and goes WTF? I'm pretty sure it would be illegal to drive without the lights.

kicker1_solo
02-22-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by netfreak
Eh, what happens when you go to reverse and the car behind you sees you moving backward with no lights and goes WTF? I'm pretty sure it would be illegal to drive without the lights. I don't drive in reverse very much.....

SiR
02-23-2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by kicker1_solo
I don't drive in reverse very much.....

And if you do need to go reverse at night, just point a flashlight toward the rear window!

NOAHS88accord
02-23-2003, 12:23 AM
then you stop at a stop light and a cop pulls up behing you and sees no reverse lights and goes :huh: :wtf: and the lights come on and you get pulled over and get a fix it ticket and then you gotta put reverse ligths on

shepherd79
02-23-2003, 05:00 AM
i don't think you will pass inspection no matter what state you live in. it is just plain Illigal.

89accord_lxi_coupe
02-23-2003, 06:57 AM
keep the reverse lights as the only ones on the lid. just to the inside of the outer lights attach a fixture that will only hold the reverse lights. just attach a fixture that normally runs horiz. in a vertical position next to the other lights, just on the trunk lid. hope you know what i mean, hard to explain. anyway, good luck man.

Nolan

tk89acc
02-23-2003, 11:16 AM
Actually im pretty sure in Tx you can pass with no reverse lights. Im doing this also but im keeping my old trunk so if I dont pass inspection ill just put my old trunk on.

87accordHB
02-23-2003, 12:07 PM
i dunno, i personally dont think it would look good, but thats my thought, but im sure you would have to have reverse lights in Tx, im 20 miles east of Tyler Tx , but i have reverse lights so :) hehe,

slammedLXI
02-23-2003, 03:07 PM
yah, if ur gonna start shaving... shave everything. front H emblem too. why are u leaving the trunk H? idk my opinion to get rid of everything.

and about inspection... doesnt everyone have that friend that has a friend that knows a mechanic that will pass you no problem for an extra 20 bucks?

NOAHS88accord
02-23-2003, 03:53 PM
hey slammed lxi

NICE SIGNATURE!!!!! gay ass nobody cares about your neon mods and your hmm tint maybe mods and not ever doing mods how about getting rid of that gayass signature and only put down mods that count

Chrome_thangs
02-23-2003, 07:29 PM
I just recently got mine shaved(i took out the tag notch. It looks hella better a more modern apperance. Getting the moldings did too!

2Fast_Fiero
02-23-2003, 07:46 PM
Thats my Idea Foo! lol jp
I would tell you what I'm going to do for the Reverse Light, but then my Idea wouldn't be original!!!

Nothingbuta3Gthang
02-24-2003, 01:28 PM
Maybe you could modify your third brake light to be your reverse light, and put a wing on it with an led third brake light? that would be nifty. Then you wouldnt have to worry about shaving the trunk area

89accord_lxi_coupe
02-25-2003, 05:25 PM
no offense but, nifty? um, ok nifty. huh

-Nolan

87accordHB
02-25-2003, 05:30 PM
where in Tn are ya from 89accord?

89accord_lxi_coupe
02-25-2003, 05:53 PM
just outside Knoxville. south of knoxville

87accordHB
02-25-2003, 07:51 PM
ahh..i use to like in Knoxville like 8 years ago..lol

slammedLXI
02-28-2003, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by NOAHS88accord
hey slammed lxi

NICE SIGNATURE!!!!! gay ass nobody cares about your neon mods and your hmm tint maybe mods and not ever doing mods how about getting rid of that gayass signature and only put down mods that count

easy does it soldier. shouldnt you be saving those little innocent korean kids and not talking shit to me?

kicker1_solo
03-01-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Nothingbuta3Gthang
Maybe you could modify your third brake light to be your reverse light, and put a wing on it with an led third brake light? that would be nifty. Then you wouldnt have to worry about shaving the trunk area I'm not shaving the trunk to get rid of the reverse lights, I'm shaving the trunk for the look. The whole idea of this is to shave the trunk area. And I've thought about putting some reverse lights in, but just haven't figured all the details out yet.
Chrome_thangs- do you have any pics of your trunk?
and about inspections, last time I knew we didn't have inspections in this state. And if the time ever comes then I'll just throw the old trunk lid back on because it's dented, cracked, and needs to be replaced so I'll still have that one laying around.

tk89acc
03-01-2003, 05:34 PM
oops

yaxley
03-02-2003, 09:59 AM
I got an Idea get those small after market side marker lights in white. If you look at the tail lights you have left there is a metal strip under it I would put It on that strip. If not buy your safety thats what I do.
peace

89dxaccord
03-14-2003, 12:05 PM
i shaved all my emblems and trunk including the key hole and reverse lights.it came out pretty bad. just go to some cheap carlot place who only wants money and could care less about your lights.

Chubs87Accord
03-14-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by NOAHS88accord
hey slammed lxi

that was mean and uncalled for... you my boy deserved to be slapped with a fish

::slaps you with a big ol SALMON:: i hope you learned your lesson... otherwise im gonna have to take out the halibut

!(>..<)!85AeroAccord
03-14-2003, 02:30 PM
Chubs - now thats funny , I mean really really really funny, my sides are aching. ROFL big time ;o

Swan
03-14-2003, 03:56 PM
here's some advice... sorry if someone else has said this, I read the first few posts, and figured I'd give a recomendation....you can buy some small, rectangular lights, and put them UNDER the outer lights...I saw the exact thing done to a red 3g...it looked VERY nice... completely custom, yet it looked like it was SUPPOSED to be there...it matched the whole back end perfectly

Chubs87Accord
03-14-2003, 10:02 PM
thank ya... thank ya.. thank ya ::bows:: lol

kicker1_solo
03-15-2003, 11:49 PM
Well I don't care about reverse lights at all, that's not a problem with me. Just wondering what you guys think about shaving the inner tail lights, license plate area, and whatever else.....

MrBen
03-16-2003, 12:17 AM
Haha you guys crack me up with your comebacks. Oh and for your info, I do happen to care!

Chubs87Accord
03-16-2003, 12:18 AM
i think it would be cool if you some how converted a small section of the inner/upper corners of the outside tails to be youre reverse lights.. just like an inch wide sqaure of the turn sigs... block the light of from the inside with a piece of black plastic and just fix youre reverse lights there.. over course tyou have to chop part of the yellow off.. but that would def be insanely phatty bo batty

kicker1_solo
03-16-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Chubs87Accord
i think it would be cool if you some how converted a small section of the inner/upper corners of the outside tails to be youre reverse lights.. just like an inch wide sqaure of the turn sigs... block the light of from the inside with a piece of black plastic and just fix youre reverse lights there.. over course tyou have to chop part of the yellow off.. but that would def be insanely phatty bo batty Hey, that's great....but one small problem with that. I DON'T CARE ABOUT REVERSE LIGHTS AND THIS THREAD ISN'T ABOUT ME GETTING NEW/DIFFERENT ONES! :D

Chubs87Accord
03-16-2003, 10:56 PM
ok.. thats it ::smacks you with a skittle covered halibut:: no need to be a dick...BUT.. the inner tail shaving would look cool... BUT YOU NEED REVERSE LIGHTS.. over wise youre fucked as soon as a cop sees you.. trust me i know, i know enough cops.. no with that said.. if you did convert a small chunk of the outer tails to be youre reverse lights.. not only would it be ORIGNAL but it would be, and this is most important of all, LEGAL!!! :p