PDA

View Full Version : clear corners & z3 fenders?

Chubs87Accord
02-23-2003, 05:38 PM
ok.. im parting out my hatch... but im takin a few parts to experiment on.. and im wodnering.. if i were to make a clear corners, and nice z3 fenders, how much would you guys be willing to spend for whoever wants to buy em? and i mean really clear corners, not like office lighting plastic inserts, lol.. totally clear.. and hopefully really well made z3 fenders, i have an idea in my head that should work great to make it look real good instead of just cuttin the damn things.. and mi really anal when i work on stuff so if im gonna do it (especially since the pair im experimenting on are for me) its gonna come out as damn good as i can get it.. and i try even harder when its for someone whos payin for em.. and im not just bs'ing like ive seen people do about em before.. i plan on getting a dremel maybe as soon as tomorrow and then starting my project.. but anyway.. so how much would you guys spend for em?

i know there isnt a pic so you 'dont know the qaulity' but gimme a ballpark for a fairly good job to see if it would be worth me doin this for people..
just like with the emblems i was doin, im not goin for profit, but i dont want to lose money, when i did the emblems i made maybe a 1 dollar profit for every emblem..

88 Accord DX
02-23-2003, 05:42 PM
maybe $30-$40 for a pair for clears. depending on how clear.

Elijah
02-23-2003, 07:07 PM
I would pay 50-70 for the corners mabey a little more.And the fenders I would pay 300 around there these #'s are based on good qaulity and work manship.

MrBen
02-23-2003, 07:11 PM
I would pay 30 but if you want my business say so because I am buying someone elses stock ones shortly.

Chubs87Accord
02-23-2003, 07:31 PM
ben... if you need corners get em.. but if you dont mind waiting then be my guest to wait a bit... cause the ideas are all in my head.. let me see how well the first pair comes out..

TC.. clear, haha.. hopefully like clear as glass.. but def close

elijah... i wouldnt charge that much, haha... but hopefully it will be good qaulity work

Mike's89AccordLX
02-23-2003, 07:32 PM
Well for the fenders I would need a pic and would need to know if your just putting the vents in the stock fenders. Or if they're actual Z3 fenders made of fiberglass or ureathane. I would pay like $25 to $30 for the corners and I'd still need to see them first.

Chubs87Accord
02-23-2003, 07:44 PM
the fenders id be making myself out of stock fenders.. no weight diff for performance... just looks.. so it wouldnt look like the bootleg inserts.. and i can shape em differently.. like to have em like

] ] ] or \ \ \ or / / /

know what i mean? dont ask how id be doin it.. almost cant put it into words.. im just gonna buy a dremel and get to work.. im also gonna take my dash and try to figure out a way to mount my ps1 (i have the small white one with the lcd screen) into it where you onlt see the screen (when the screens flipped closed) and to have easy acess for the buttons

hehe, once i get a dremel its freakin on!!! lol

Mike's89AccordLX
02-23-2003, 07:51 PM
I thought I wouldn't use it very much but once I had it I used it on everything. I have the Multi-Pro Dremel. It was the most expensive one I could find :D

Chubs87Accord
02-23-2003, 07:54 PM
i dont need anything insane yet.. all i want is the normal dremel with the cool little "pen" attachment so you can reach around things easier

Mike's89AccordLX
02-23-2003, 07:57 PM
Yeah mine came with that snake attachment with the dremel. It was like a $70 package deal. It has 10 different speed settings also. 5000rpms to 35000rpms

Chubs87Accord
02-24-2003, 07:39 PM
nice... lol i may just go for that one :D

ona note for the corners.. im a little angry... i forgot i have my corners in my house when it burnt down.. so im gonna try and hit up a junk yard soon... until then im gonna mod my hatch's tails to make em look a little slicker and see if anyone wants em after that

Immeraufdemhund
02-24-2003, 07:42 PM
i'd say with the ps1, i'd cut up my glovebox, and mount it to the top (if you can, i can't remember if the ps cds stay in place when up side down). Cause if it's on your dash it's kinda in the way of hte windshield, that and sun damage. Witht he glove box i'd say drill some holes to run your controllers through and then it's all hidden and you dont have to worry as much about someone stealing it. just a though.

the z3's. I'd be intereted. I'd pay probably 200 - 300 for both. personally, i'd like to see the ]]] design. I saw one in a 4g the other day, and i thought it was kick butt. The clears, hmm..i could use side markers, i'd say 25-30 for one, 50-60 for both. just my $.02

Chubs87Accord
02-24-2003, 09:09 PM
yeah, i thought about glove box, but the lcd screen has to be attatched to the ps1 to actually work, lol... and i thought if it was in the dash it would be easier to look at the screen insted of constantly having youre head tilted (youre neck usually starts to bother you if youre heads tilted too long), the only problem i would seem to have it making sure theres even anough room behind the dash.. i havent seen how much room is behind the dash so i dont know... either way i have a dash to completely destroy if i wanted to so i dont fear messing it up or anything, lol

Mike's89AccordLX
02-24-2003, 09:14 PM
I think if the clear corners were of really good quallity then I'd pay somewhere of like $25 to $35 for a pair.

Coroncho80
02-25-2003, 11:14 AM
Danm Chubs, you finally came out of the off topic and let's meet sections huh? hahaha How does it feel to be out of those two sections of the forum?

Chubs87Accord
02-25-2003, 05:47 PM
feels like home, lol.. when i first came here i never left the appearance section, haha... althought i will miss the nj meet threads :cry: