PDA

View Full Version : ugh, new car problems

90CRX
02-23-2003, 09:34 PM
i just got myself an 87 lxi hatch for $240, i will have pics up soon btw. but it was involved in a slight accident, it didnt look too bad with the bumper cover on it before i bought it... the radiator(i knew b4 i bought it) was cracked, the condensor for the ac was cracked, and the drivers side window was shattered. what i didnt know was that the front crossmember was bent inwards slightly, just enough so i couldnt fit my new radiator in. but i got a car jack and bent it back out. the left light does not retract, has a revving idle. also, it is nearly impossible to find a drivers side window for the 87 hatches. if anyone can help me out with finding a drivers side window, i can maybe hook you up with a good price on my lip kit. thanks.

shepherd79
02-24-2003, 04:05 AM
this should be in market section, can someone move please.

MrBen
02-24-2003, 03:39 PM
No it shouldn't. He says his headlight wont retract, crossmember is bent, window is shattered, and reving engine.

He is telling us that these are/were his problems and advice would be appreciated.

90CRX, depending on how bad the headlight was smashed, you might be able to bend the bracket for it back. Also keep in mind that the housing cover and black plastic piece on the side can get caught on something and stop the headlight from retracting. Your best bet is to remove the entire housing and see what is going on from there. Compare it to your other headlight. Make your judgement there as to what you should do next.

Coitis1
02-24-2003, 07:14 PM
try a junkyard for the window. u'd be suprised what u can find there for cheap

90CRX
02-24-2003, 07:46 PM
ive been to 3 junkyards for the window.
look who got OWNED by ghetto. thanks for advise ghetto

87accordlx
02-25-2003, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by 90CRX
ive been to 3 junkyards for the window.
look who got OWNED by ghetto. thanks for advise ghetto
no one got OWNED:rolleyes: this is one reason you newbies get looked down on by most older members, shepard is a big contributor to this board, think twice before you insult someone on here.

MrBen
02-25-2003, 10:18 AM
Personally I think he was just kidding, and even so, if he wasn't it was justified. Frankly I am surprised at the members of this site. You guys are treating a lot of the newbies like crap just because they have no idea what's going on yet. It took me a while to figure out things. If you guys want more members to stay on this board I personally would suggest treating everyone EQUALLY and not bitching about how they have screwed up.

90CRX
02-25-2003, 02:05 PM
im down with that ghetto. i can insult any one i want, so dont tell me what to do. thanks for all the help, its appreciated.

markmdz89hatch
02-25-2003, 02:17 PM
hey CRX, if you want a drivers side front window (in the door), you can use a coupe window as the doors are identical. If you need the rear drivers side window, I got one for ya. Actually, I got a door window for you too if you want it. I'm in CT, so depending on where in NY you are, it might just be better for us to meet up somewhere. That way too you know what you're getting and don't have to risk breakage during shipping.

...and hey, a chin spoiler doesn't sound too bad....

...listen, if you need any help or advise feel free to ask, if you need anything else in the way of parts, just hit up my thread in the Market Place section.
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13955

90CRX
02-26-2003, 08:38 AM
ok,great you guys have been a lot of help thanks again. but are you sure the coupe window will fit my 2 dr hatch?

90CRX
02-26-2003, 08:40 AM
ct really? i used to live in danbury 3 years ago

markmdz89hatch
02-26-2003, 10:08 AM
good 'ol Danbury eh...

...yeah that's only about 30-40 min from me.

..in answer to your question..
ONLY the window in the door is interchangeable between coupe and hatch. That rear 1/4 window is totally different in all models, coupe, hatch, and obviously sedan.