PDA

View Full Version : how to remove PS completely???

SiCReX
02-24-2003, 05:29 PM
I was just informed that I may need a new rack for my power steering and it is not gonna be cheap. can someone tell me how hard it is to take the power steering completely out and what belt I will need. is it a pain in the ass or what? its ok though I dont need ps and it will give me a little more power anyway :D

AZmike
02-24-2003, 07:21 PM
To completely remove it you'll need another non-power rack that's difficult ot find. Otherwise start looking here:
http://www.3geez.com/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=52731&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

merlindavis
02-25-2003, 04:23 AM
if it were your pump that were going out, you'd be fine with taking it out of the equation... if the rack is going out, you're gonna have to replace the whole thing, no way around it... you can either get a manual rack and give up power steering altogether, or get another ps rack... it's quite possible to bypass the ps pump and still keep fluid moving through the rack, so as to not burn it out prematurely, if you ever wanted to get rid of power steering...

SiCReX
02-25-2003, 05:28 PM
how do I know that my rack is goin bad, its not makin any wierd noises or anything, it just leakes fluid.

ACCORD EX
02-26-2003, 08:14 AM
leaking fluid is NOT necessary a bad rack ! you must determine where the leakage is ! if it 's from teh rack there is rack rebuild kit sold from honda or any other company with all the gaskets need to be changed !
when you unpack the rack you can dertermine whether teh rack teeth are bad or not !

MIKE

SiCReX
02-28-2003, 01:42 PM
yeah, i just told the guy about it leakin and he said it might be the rack and he said that was like 600 bucks so i said ok fuck that, and told him I will just go get another one from a different car and he said the rebuild kit is like 130 bucks, I think I'm gonna get rid of PS anyway though.