PDA

View Full Version : looking for trany for a 88 accord lx

dncnwdsea
02-24-2003, 06:49 PM
:stick: hay yall wass up!!
Got a question ? Any oe know a good place were i can get a tranny for my 88 accord lx got a felling i have to get anew noe and put it in my car just got out of the shop and they said that they found out that due to it idleing to low that there could pe a problem in the tranny that is making it do what it is and besides that it some timesa acts like it doesn't want to chang gears after 3 or 4 and i have an auto tranny at that.
Any help wold be welcomed.

dncnwdsea:rice:

jessica89LXI
06-09-2014, 12:47 AM
I know where this guy is in California he has a 88 Honda accord carbureted though the whole cars parts I bought from him parts of him its under Inland Empire you going there parts it says 88 Honda Accord parts his number is 909 -202-0195 or 909-202-0196 and that craigslist heading it says 88 Honda Accord interior he's got everything the whole car

niles
06-09-2014, 02:06 PM
What are the symptoms of your automatic?

I though mine was bad when I bought my 3gee, but 6 years later it performs better than ever! No leaks, shifts strong, shaking a little while idling in-gear is to be expected.

Change the fluid, put in Honda DW1 fluid ONLY. Then change it again after a few hundred miles. Then change it again in six months. You see where this is going... the fluid is expensive, but not as expensive or difficult as a tranny swap.

My car used to skip second-gear and slam hard when going from Park to Drive, or Drive to Reverse.

My two-cents without any info on the problem.

conozo
06-09-2014, 04:39 PM
this thread might just be a little old

niles
06-09-2014, 05:21 PM
Lmao! Didn't see the op date

jessica89LXI
06-19-2014, 12:35 AM
i change the fluid and put some stuff in it to clean it and is shifting better now better than it did before it was smokin and wouldn't even shift from 1st gear