PDA

View Full Version : Finally...Custom Direct Fit Adjustable Coilovers

dedens
04-09-2019, 01:34 PM
Vintage Honda Folks:

I wanted to let you know that a suspension engineering company located in Vancouver Washington (USA) (http://www.amrengineering.com/) is making me a set of custom adjustable coilovers for my 2nd gen Accord. These will be a direct replacement (no mods needed) using the stock mounts bottom / top.

I dropped off my stock struts yesterday and met with the owner. Andy is great and very knowledgeable. I am letting Gen2 Accord folks know about this option as I have searched the globe (literally) to find a set. It just so happens that Andy's shop is about 5 miles from my garage. I have no skin in the game other than being SUPER excited about this and wanting to share!

Also...Andy has adjustable coilovers for Gen1 Accords as well.

InAccordance
04-09-2019, 06:19 PM
3geez? no love?

B0CKS
04-10-2019, 04:39 AM
Vintage Honda Folks:

I wanted to let you know that a suspension engineering company located in Vancouver Washington (USA) (AMR Engineering | Providing you peace of mind. (http://www.amrengineering.com/)) is making me a set of custom adjustable coilovers for my 2nd gen Accord. These will be a direct replacement (no mods needed) using the stock mounts bottom / top.

I dropped off my stock struts yesterday and met with the owner. Andy is great and very knowledgeable. I am letting Gen2 Accord folks know about this option as I have searched the globe (literally) to find a set. It just so happens that Andy's shop is about 5 miles from my garage. I have no skin in the game other than being SUPER excited about this and wanting to share!

While I dont own a Gen2, that's rad!!! Sounds like great news!!!

dedens
04-10-2019, 05:00 AM
Hi InAccordance ...Reach out to Andy the owner. I am sure he would be more than willing to make a set for 3G folks. He is fabricating a set for my 2G.

InAccordance
04-10-2019, 04:55 PM
How much did it cost you?

Oldblueaccord
04-10-2019, 05:31 PM
Vintage Honda Folks:

I wanted to let you know that a suspension engineering company located in Vancouver Washington (USA) (AMR Engineering | Providing you peace of mind. (http://www.amrengineering.com/)) is making me a set of custom adjustable coilovers for my 2nd gen Accord. These will be a direct replacement (no mods needed) using the stock mounts bottom / top.

BUYER BEWARE!

I spent 2 years with this clown sent him a complete 3 g suspension set up and never got a thing from him but excuses and more excuses.

DO NOT give him any money until the stuff is in your hands.

Dr_Snooz
04-10-2019, 06:36 PM
Closing spam thread. Do it again and get banned.

2ndGenGuy
04-12-2019, 04:32 PM
BUYER BEWARE!

I spent 2 years with this clown sent him a complete 3 g suspension set up and never got a thing from him but excuses and more excuses.

DO NOT give him any money until the stuff is in your hands.

Fuck. I already paid for a set of 1st Gen coilovers from them. Almost laid out the cash for the 2g Accord set, but I wanted to wait and see how the 1g set comes out. Curious to hear more about your story. I was wondering if they were going to get these sent out before they start developing products for more cars.

I paid $1050 for the basic coilovers, and another $150 for camber plates, plus tax and shipping. You can choose your own spring rates, but I don't know if the shocks are valved differently depending on the springs you buy, or if they are the same shocks for every setup.

Snooz, I re-opened this thread because there is some good discussion to have here.

dedens
04-12-2019, 06:26 PM
I too am very interested to see if AMR Engineering is legit. Like I said...I met with the owner and gave him a rear and front strut. I have not paid a dime yet and wont until I get the product in hand. I am glad this thread was re-opened. To all...My post here and in 1G sub was not meant as SPAM!

Dr_Snooz
04-12-2019, 10:02 PM
I'm very close to banning people. Thread will remain closed. If you want to post a thread about the coilovers you have bought and put on your car and love (or hate), go ahead, but selling unicorns will not be tolerated.