PDA

View Full Version : Hi my name Is James!

bayys_edits
04-10-2019, 09:52 AM
Whats up 3Geez! I just recently sent my 99 civic off a cliff and had to get a 200$ car, a car that I fell in love with pretty quick.
An 88 Lx Accord. Its manual and is a shit show :lol: In the near future I can see myself needing a replacement exhaust from after the catalytic converter, all the way down to the muffler. Needing new suspension setup and how to get this carb out to clean it. :madflip: So far i've fixed the broke headlight and Cleaned the interior and replaced lights n such.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1PFiOTJWT0&feature=youtu.be

Dr_Snooz
04-10-2019, 06:34 PM
Welcome! The carb is very complicated and likes to serve up ugly surprises when disturbed. I'd recommend a bottle of cleaner and using good gas. Have fun with your new love.

bayys_edits
04-15-2019, 09:35 PM
Would you recommend I remove the carb to clean it? i got a gasket kit and just recently installed one gasket and gave up and put everything back together and got her up again. Is it possible to leave it on to clean it?

Dr_Snooz
04-17-2019, 06:34 PM
If you aren't a fairly good mechanic, I'd caution against it. The best way to clean the carb and keep it clean is to use good gas and drive it daily. If it's really gunky, a bottle of injector cleaner in the next tank of gas isn't a bad idea.

bayys_edits
04-18-2019, 09:04 AM
This is the first car im actually getting my hand's into, thanks for the points!

Honda#1
04-18-2019, 07:23 PM
Welcome!