PDA

View Full Version : A 3gee... in 3D??

B0CKS
04-18-2019, 09:26 AM
So, not sure what finally spurred it, but I finally got clicking over this past week's afternoons in Sketchup and started making my car(s)! I know Gran Turismo 4 is the only known title with a 3rd Gen Accord in it, but I've never had luck finding somewhere that has it as a download. So, I figured I'd do it myself! At the moment, it's a coupe. I'm considering later on making the hatch and sedan, but I can't make any promises, between swinging wrenches on my actual 3gees, lots of social events, work and all, I've found that I do most of my work here around midnight, so I don't get that much done! But that said, it's a ton of fun playing in Sketchup again, it used to be favorite past-time before cars came in a soaked up all my free time :lol: and I'll happily flaunt what I've done here: https://www.artstation.com/pixel-pencil But that's probably more exposition than necessary, so anyways, here we go!

Here's day one, I found a blueprint of a hatch in the shop manual (and sedan!) but their wasn't one for the coupe, so I just merged a photo I took of the rear and side from a coupe and made it work!
And making progress:
And making not progress:

B0CKS
04-18-2019, 09:31 AM
And this week brings us here, I'm not sure how much I want to build, I think I'll block in an interior and trunk, but I'm debating about the engine bay. I'm ultimately hoping to 3D print this as a shell, so full inside details arent important unless I REALLY dive into this project. HMMM But anyways, lots of bits changed, lots to go!
And then I got to do what I really intended with this model; make it LOW.
And model the details I intend to have my finished 3gee look like, Manaray Wheels, 3D printed spoiler, a lip. The sort!

And that's where it's at for now! Stay tuned! :D

Dr_Snooz
04-18-2019, 07:35 PM
Um... my 3g is in 3D...

ROFL!!!

InAccordance
04-18-2019, 08:48 PM
mine has smell-o-vision so im 4d

B0CKS
04-19-2019, 09:27 AM
mine has smell-o-vision so im 4d

:rofl::rofl: Lucky!!!

B0CKS
04-19-2019, 09:27 AM
Um... my 3g is in 3D...

ROFL!!!

Hahahahaha, dangit! What the heck am I doing then????

conozo
04-21-2019, 06:52 PM
This is great. Will this be available in the 3D library in SketchUp for anyone to import?

I envision stuff like this in 10-15 years to have a public 3D drawings of the entire car and every part where any part including some gaskets can be 3D printed at home.

Dr_Snooz
04-24-2019, 06:57 PM
Someone could post up a hood emblem and I wouldn't be sad. Someone pilfered mine this week. Grrrr...

B0CKS
04-29-2019, 08:32 AM
Someone could post up a hood emblem and I wouldn't be sad. Someone pilfered mine this week. Grrrr...

Here's the only one I've got! Sorry Snooz! :rofl:

...although I am going to the yard tomorrow, if you want me to grab you an actual hood emblem for the cost of shipping it'd be no problem. :D

Dr_Snooz
04-29-2019, 07:13 PM
Thanks, but I'm suuuuper picky about such things. I'll probably spend the next 2 years looking for one that's just perfect.

...Then I'll break it on the way home.

ArrZeroZero
07-31-2020, 07:18 AM
did you ever finish the 3d model id love to use it to plan out the body work and paint for mine

glutenfree
08-17-2020, 08:43 AM
So, not sure what finally spurred it, but I finally got clicking over this past week's afternoons in Sketchup and started making my car(s)! I know Gran Turismo 4 is the only known title with a 3rd Gen Accord in it, but I've never had luck finding somewhere that has it as a download. So, I figured I'd do it myself! At the moment, it's a coupe. I'm considering later on making the hatch and sedan, but I can't make any promises, between swinging wrenches on my actual 3gees, lots of social events, work and all, I've found that I do most of my work here around midnight, so I don't get that much done! But that said, it's a ton of fun playing in Sketchup again, it used to be favorite past-time before cars came in a soaked up all my free time :lol: and I'll happily flaunt what I've done here: https://www.artstation.com/pixel-pencil But that's probably more exposition than necessary, so anyways, here we go!

Here's day one, I found a blueprint of a hatch in the shop manual (and sedan!) but their wasn't one for the coupe, so I just merged a photo I took of the rear and side from a coupe and made it work!

Heya any updates? I wouldn't mind test printing these models...and I could possibly offer some help editing the models as I have many years exp. designing in Sketchup