PDA

View Full Version : clip on the driveshaft !

ACCORD EX
02-25-2003, 03:06 AM
a couple of weeks ago i relplaced my outer C.V joint boot ! which was really pain in the ass ! anyway i checked the other side today and i think it will go out too and i have to change it soon !
sure i 'll do the process my self because i lerned a lot of things doing the first one !
anyway there is something i couldn't figure out ! it is how to get teh outer and the inner clip ( holding the spider ) out ? it's said in the manuals pry it off using a screw driver ! well it took the shit out if me while i could do that ! ??? it took me an hour to get them both out !
any other ideas ???

thanx a lot guys

MIKE

shepherd79
02-25-2003, 04:24 AM
i don't know, i just replace the hole shaft. it is cheaper to raplace the hole shaft than just a CV join.

ACCORD EX
02-25-2003, 01:35 PM
i think you didn't get me right ! i replaced the boot only ( outer joint ) so i have to get the inner out ( the one goes in the tranny ) and it's a lot cheaper this way ! :D

MIKE

Grant2k
02-25-2003, 01:40 PM
i changed my outer boots, but when i pryed them they came off. were you prying them in the right direction? just fight with them for a while and they should come off.

ACCORD EX
02-25-2003, 02:03 PM
do you put the screw driver between the lip and the shaft and just pry it off like that ! ????

MIKE

Grant2k
02-25-2003, 02:12 PM
no there is a clip on the clamp that is on the boot. it is like a spring/tension idea. you pry in the direction of the clamp, if you see what i mean.

ACCORD EX
02-26-2003, 08:44 AM
you got me wrong ! that's not the clip i meant
i mean snap ring A & B in the picture ! the ones which go on the axle itself to prevent the spider for sliding !

Grant2k
02-26-2003, 09:10 AM
oh, yeah i thought you were talking about the "boot band" as it;s labeled there. what were you doing with those clips if you are just changing your boot?

AccordEpicenter
02-26-2003, 10:37 PM
youre supposed to use snap ring pliers, youll have a hell of a time with it if you dont, and prolly break the clip or damage it. After you take the spider off the shaft (it should supposedly come off then, after the snap rings) then all you have to do is put the new one on and reverse the dissasembly process, its pretty straightforward.

ACCORD EX
02-27-2003, 05:06 AM
it's said in the service manual use flat screw driver ! and you you won't be able to use clip pilars ( no holes in the clip to hold it )

other ideas ?

MIKE

AccordEpicenter
02-27-2003, 02:32 PM
what? The snap ring has no holes for the pliers? WTF? Do you have a reman axle or stock one?

ACCORD EX
03-01-2003, 03:46 PM
well i am not teh first owner but i believe it's stock !
and the clip has no holes ! you can even see it clearly in the service manual pic above ! :(

MIKE

AccordEpicenter
03-02-2003, 10:29 PM
whoa yea i just busted out my service manual... i never knew that i thought it had the holes...

ACCORD EX
03-03-2003, 09:44 AM
so ! isn't there an easy way to get that SOB out ! Damn !
i don't won't that same that happened to me doing teh first shaft ! :(

MIKE