PDA

View Full Version : Paint questions

twelve
05-21-2019, 12:25 PM
Hey guys. I have a white Accord. Not sure what white. I actually can't find a paint sticker on my car. The only sticker I can find is for a Honda Civic and it is definitely not the correct color. I have looked online and found two paints that it might be but I don't want to order paint without being sure it is correct. I just have some panel rust that I want to remove and touch up. Speaking of rust, what is the best way to deal with it? I'm not sure what our panels are made of and I don't want to do more damage to the car.

conozo
05-23-2019, 10:45 PM
On ebay you can find rear wheel arches and rocker panels available to weld in. The best way to fix rust is to cut out the old rust and weld in new metal. All other solutions will only last a few years.

The white color is polar white and white did not come with a clear coat FYI. I have not done body work on mine yet but plan to and am not sure how a matching paint with a clear coat will match the rest of the car.

Here is a chart with years and color codes
OEM colors - The 3geez Wiki (http://3geez.wiki-tv.com/OEM_colors)

InAccordance
05-24-2019, 03:43 PM
Paint code is supposed to be at the driver's door where the build date plate is. If not, guess someone removed it at some point.