PDA

View Full Version : help with installing intake

89AccordLvr
02-25-2003, 12:46 PM
for those who have installed intakes on the 89 efi accords, i need to know if this is the following steps to installing a civic intake that is already cut 4 inches off.

1. Remove all of the stock intake tubings.
2. Take off ECU fuse while installing.
3. Install intake and breather.

Now here's my questions which way do you put the intake boot on the intake to the throttle body and how hard is that. Also does the intake just hang only to the throttle body and that it and do i have to move any wires that my brake or something when the intake is installed. I need help because i want to install it this weekend. thanx

Blue Impact
02-25-2003, 01:10 PM
The side where you had to saw off, put the filter there. Then the other end (shorter end) goes on the throttle body.

89AccordLvr
02-25-2003, 01:13 PM
i know that im talkin about the thing you put on the intake pipe that goes in the throttle body. that thing out of rubber called intake boot it has a big hole that goes smaller

LIL'LXi
02-25-2003, 05:36 PM
big hole to intake, small hole to throttle body. I just put mine on two days ago. Mine is only held on by the rubber boot, but it lays against the brake lines witch seems to hold it in place pretty good.

Blue Impact
02-25-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by LIL'LXi
big hole to intake, small hole to throttle body. I just put mine on two days ago. Mine is only held on by the rubber boot, but it lays against the brake lines witch seems to hold it in place pretty good.

You might wanna be careful with that cuz depending on what kinda filter you use, the filter could mess up the brake line(s). I had a Matrix filter before and it messed up my brake line.

LIL'LXi
02-26-2003, 07:37 PM
Blue Impact, what did you do about it? What kind of problems did it cause?

mindlos
02-26-2003, 10:49 PM
Imagine what would happen if your brake lines got cut by the filter oscillations and leaked while driving hi speed.

You could
1) cut vacuum tubing (nice aand thick) along the length then wrap and zip tie the lines. Small tubing wont wrap all around but still works if oriented right. May be temporary coz the filter may still cut in time.
2) Install a brace/bracket to hold you intake in place so that it doesnt move and doesnt touch the brake line.
3)Do both.