PDA

View Full Version : Ecu- no led activity

Donnyten
05-31-2019, 04:39 PM
ECU does not light or flash when key on. Check engine light comes on goes off as it should. Its raining pretty heavy so i cant check the 5 volt ref circuit right now. The car seems to have all elements needed for combustion including timing, yet it cranks but wont start.

Would no LED activity indicate an ecu problem? Or does it simply mean aint nuffin to report? Also in this vintage honda will a failed ecu cause a no start

Thanks

Oldblueaccord
05-31-2019, 10:41 PM
ECU does not light or flash when key on. Check engine light comes on goes off as it should. Its raining pretty heavy so i cant check the 5 volt ref circuit right now. The car seems to have all elements needed for combustion including timing, yet it cranks but wont start.

Would no LED activity indicate an ecu problem? Or does it simply mean aint nuffin to report? Also in this vintage honda will a failed ecu cause a no start

Thanks

Failed ECU would be a no fire since it runs the injectors.

No light should mean no codes. If you need to check unhook a sensor an see if you get a code.

Donnyten
06-02-2019, 09:51 AM
These are interference or non int. Engines? Somehow i now only have 90 psi on cylinders 1 and 4

Oldblueaccord
06-02-2019, 01:16 PM
Usually the answer is no there not interference but there been a few that have crashed the valves if the belt breaks at higher RPMS.

Donnyten
06-07-2019, 10:43 AM
Hmm.. oh well. Got a newer vehicle. It was fun while it lasted. Junkyard food now

InAccordance
06-07-2019, 06:22 PM
wait what

Donnyten
06-09-2019, 03:15 AM
Seems like month after month my 88 kept having problems. That plus the obsolescence of parts drove me away. No idea how i magically ended up with 90 psi in all 4 cylinders. All i did was replace my distributor.. solved a no spark no start and ended up with a compression related no start. Smh. I dont recall mistiming the engine ( why i asked if int vs non int). The entire engine jolts in a weird way and the cranking is extremely inconsistent now. Thought about getting a rebuilt trans and engine but the car just isnt worth salvaging.

I spent many hours in the hot sun and extreme cold determined to keep " green hornet" running. Next time ill never put so much work in a car with little return. It was a fun project and i learned a lot about this gen honda and you guys taught me a lot. Wish i could have stayed in the ranks with you all

Got a well maintained 2000 ford Taurus that needs a fuel pump from an elder lady for only 500 bucks. Unfortunately having to drop the entire tank just to replace the pump wont be fun and reminded me why my experience with American cars always sucked. I already miss my honda.

At least Having odb2 again will be nice.

InAccordance
06-09-2019, 05:56 PM
You got rid of it already?

Donnyten
06-14-2019, 06:01 AM
Gone

Shane86
06-15-2019, 11:43 AM
Dang didn't give anybody a chance to get any parts