PDA

View Full Version : car problems ?

ACCORD EX
02-25-2003, 02:01 PM
well this problem is not related to honda's ( a peugeot 405 )
anyway i know some can help me here !
it 's '95 1.6L , carbed , manual choke , 5spd !

PROBLEM # 1 : whenever is start the car when cold ( pulling the knob that closes the choke ( manual choke )) the car starts and dies ! then i try several time even with pressing the gas pedal then it starts and black smoke comes out , car idles and starts very good when warm !

PROBLEM # 2 : hard to shift to second gear when the car is cold even when i am pressing clutch all the way ! ???

the car is on a regular maintianence
things changed 3000 km ago > engine oil , oil filter , air filter , fuel filter ( and changed one again now ) , spark plugs , coolant flushed .

clutch is still the OEM with 113000 km on it !

any help would be appreciated ! thanx a lot guys !

MIKE

shepherd79
02-25-2003, 02:53 PM
problem #1: black smoke means you are running reach when you start the car. try starting with out choke with just pushing gas pedal. when it starts, try pulling choke to make it idle.

problem #2: hard to shift can be cause by many problems. right now i am leaning towards the stock preassure plate. it may be the time to change.

AZmike
02-25-2003, 03:22 PM
So problem #2 is ONLY 2nd gear? If so then it's probably not the pressure plate since that would affect all shifts. I'd have to guess that something's wrong with the 2nd gear syncro set.

AccordEpicenter
02-25-2003, 09:43 PM
yea id have to agree about the syncro gears, check them. Also check that youre carbs are working right, my friends volvo ran good but had a way over rich condition on one of the carbs... i forgot how he fixed it maybe it was a float problem...

ACCORD EX
02-26-2003, 08:58 AM
well thanks guys ! i am gonna try to adjust as much things possible in the carb ! and about second gear it got better ! so i really don't know what happened !

BTW the choke has to be close when cold right ??

MIKE

ACCORD EX
02-27-2003, 05:13 AM
could it be the idle solonoid valve ?

MIKE