PDA

View Full Version : A20A3 build help.

Trevor Christensen
06-18-2019, 09:28 AM
Hi, I'm new here.
I don't know if this is the right place to post this? I'm in the process of getting parts and building a A20A3 for one of my 87 Prelude SI's. I've already started doing the OBD0 to OBD1 conversion on the harness.
I'm trying to build an NA engine that has a decently high rev, and goals is anywhere from 160-180 WHP. More if possible, but doubtful. I'm already aware of the cost of this goal, and I've planned for it.
I 'm just trying to get some info on some things.
I need to know what can I do bore size and what Piston size to get? I am ordering custom pistons, and I already know it's going to be pricey. But, well worth it. Also doing the APR studs. If I remember the NA miata ones work?
I plan on running a Bisimoto level 2 cam, valve springs and intake gasket on a port and polished head.
I was wondering what to do for a cam gear, and if there are any value upgrades?
As far as intake goes I was going to use a B-series intake and do a custom header.
I was wondering what intakes and TB will give the best results, and what upgrades for fuel rails and injectors? Or, if factory rail and injectors will work?
I'm so sorry I'm new here and all the FB groups tell me to come here for info and help.
Here's some pics of the car in its progress of being striped down for body work and all new paint.

And I can't say this enough, but thank you, thank you, thank you.....

Dr_Snooz
06-25-2019, 08:09 PM
I can't help, but it looks like a fun project. Enjoy!

Shane86
06-25-2019, 08:26 PM
Check out these sections. (performance parts list)(Custom Fabrication) and the (how to) section

InAccordance
06-25-2019, 08:52 PM
If you're building an NA monster and price is no object, go ITBs with a holley dominator.