PDA

View Full Version : cant figure out what lever does...

johnwc723
02-25-2003, 10:15 PM
there is this little stick thing (that is on a spring making it want to go back in) that pulls out just below the steering wheel. I have NO clue what it does, i have been trying to figure out for some time now, anyone have any idea what this is supposed to do?

i pull it out and it goes right back in again.... hmmm cant be a vent, i thought it might be for steeringwheel adjustment but i pull it and the wheel doesnt seem to move!! hmmm

thanks!

Jareds 89 LX-i
02-25-2003, 10:27 PM
That's for the tilt steering wheel. After you pull it out, push it down towards your feet and you'll be able to move the wheel up and down. Then pull it back up to lock it in place, and let it suck itself back in

xbi0s
02-26-2003, 07:32 AM
Friggin A.. LOL.. I've been playing with that for a month trying to adjust my steering wheel and never thought of pushing it down :)

SiR
02-26-2003, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by xbi0s
Friggin A.. LOL.. I've been playing with that for a month trying to adjust my steering wheel and never thought of pushing it down :)

Don't worry about that, a lot of owners didnt even know that either, even though they own the car for years.

blazin3gen
02-26-2003, 08:26 AM
aha i couldnt get it to budge either awhile back