PDA

View Full Version : PICS OF CWRA's car... + CF LIP!!! :)

bobafett
02-25-2003, 10:56 PM
http://www.com-tech-online.com/car/crwa.html

89accordboi
02-25-2003, 11:35 PM
amazing.. purely amazing...

Jims 86LXI HB
02-25-2003, 11:50 PM
Nice looking car, nice rims to, what offset are they? They look awfully close to the fender lips.

bobafett
02-25-2003, 11:52 PM
dunno what offset. they are TSW 18's and he did manage to fit 215's on them!!! :)

they really dont look like 18s in person.. :) its cool... they fit well IMO.

winkie45
02-26-2003, 12:25 AM
That. Is. Pretty.

dohc
02-26-2003, 12:27 AM
it would be even better if it was standard

Coroncho80
02-26-2003, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by dohc
it would be even better if it was standard

Agree with ya, but the car itself looks pretty clean and well maintained. But those Blue Brazilian Snakes gotta go! :D

Does he have a far away picture of the front with the lip on it? I can't really take a good look at the lip on the car whith those pics, they're too close.

I like the rims too. The exterior of the car is very impresive.

88accordlxi
02-26-2003, 05:20 AM
um.... how did you pull off that carbon fiber air dam? :omg:

Grant2k
02-26-2003, 07:10 AM
that's beautiful. very clean. and i'd like to see a picture from like, the front at an angle for a better shot at the lip.

markmdz89hatch
02-26-2003, 07:50 AM
nice and clean...

...i know those auto's all too well. hey CWRA, if you want to go 5spd., just say the word. I'll be happy to help you out with any questions you may have. There's a few of us here that've made that swap already. I learned from Steve (88lxi68) who did his, and helped me out with mine, and I'm actually gearing up for my 2nd conversion soon enough as well.

Nice car, I like it.

n88accordLX-i
02-26-2003, 08:01 AM
Looks nice, I dig it.

bobafett
02-26-2003, 08:29 AM
those are all the pics he took... and for the air dam he just paid a shop to do it... looks pretty nice in person...

coroncho those brazilian snakes look better than not having them... lol...

blazin3gen
02-26-2003, 08:36 AM
WOW! nice hey is that a NOS button on the steering wheel lol

chronicsinners
02-26-2003, 08:46 AM
that lip would be easy to fab, its just a single flat sheet. you had my hopes up thinking it would be a spoon look alike.

overall the car is ok, there are many things that i dont like ie. Faux carbon fiber everywhere! as well as one racing seat. and automatic. Honestly i dont really like the lip either.

On the upside i like the stance, the rims and the amount of effort that was put into the car. For that i give props. Overall; alot of work, but the outcome is only so-so

just_sold_my_vette
02-26-2003, 09:30 AM
That ride is off the hiiizzzzzaaaaeeeee!! Nice whip.

Neuspeed87lx
02-26-2003, 10:12 AM
very nice clean car ..... i like it alot good job

3rd GEN
02-26-2003, 10:56 AM
damn man!! thats nice
i want one.. where did you get it from..

also, where did you get your japanese plate from..I have been wanting one for the longest time.....

actually..i am trying to get my GF to get me one and ship it over..

goldyaccord
02-26-2003, 11:34 AM
Arrgghh..Did anyone take notice of Bobafett's rims!? That's the first time I have seen them clean on his car. :D

PICS PICS PICs chris!!!!!!!!!!

accordracerlx-i
02-26-2003, 11:53 AM
i noticed that your rear seat stiching is seperating at the seams i have that same problem does anyone know how to fix this problem or will i have to sew it back together ?

Grant2k
02-26-2003, 11:59 AM
mine is like that and i am just going to sew it back together.

crwa
02-26-2003, 12:02 PM
Glad some of you guys like my car. Its actually for sale if anyone is interested. And if anyone wants a JDm plate let me know, I can get one for you for $35. but I can't tell you where, thats my secret. The lip came from a universal piece that was bigger, but it was cut down to fit. It wraps all the under the bumper back to the base of the radiator. and yes it is real carbon fiber. And the faux carbon fiber on the interior, well it looks better then black. I think the off set on the rims is 4x100, there just a standard sixe, nothing special. They really are 18" even thoug they don't look it. They don't rub or scuff or anything, and no the finders arn't modified. I still have a few more things to do, and I might put it in a show later after I fix a few things like the window trim on the rear and the back seat.

Blue Impact
02-26-2003, 12:03 PM
Nice car. In fact, TIGHT car. I like the engine bay. Looks way clean compared to mine.

88accordlxi
02-26-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by chronicsinners
Honestly i dont really like the lip either.

well if you think about it, it's alot more practical than some of the members putting wings on they're cars. seeing how it's front wheel drive. atleast the front lip serves a purpous. the other is just for "show" or should i say :rice:

jigga225
02-26-2003, 12:15 PM
sheeeeeeeed
the ride is clean man. the wheels look huge. Ya know I like the big feet.
why why why that one seat tho?

crwa
02-26-2003, 12:20 PM
The one seat is more of a race look. Plus all the cars I've seen around here just have the one. Plus there expensive. Also the one I have has high side bolsters, so if you have a waist bigger then a 34, you're never gonna get out of the seat.

blazin3gen
02-26-2003, 12:33 PM
yea why get two? the drivers the Racer aint no passenger getting no racing seat! lol

bobafett
02-26-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by goldyaccord
Arrgghh..Did anyone take notice of Bobafett's rims!? That's the first time I have seen them clean on his car. :D

PICS PICS PICs chris!!!!!!!!!!

lol i noticed them... they arent even that clean really... i drive too much to keep them clean. trust me u will get GREAT pics once i get those ground controls off the front struts! and get the upper control arms out! :)

Jims 86LXI HB
02-26-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by crwa
I think the off set on the rims is 4x100, there just a standard sixe, nothing special. They really are 18" even thoug they don't look it. They don't rub or scuff or anything, and no the finders arn't modified.

Rim offsets would be in a range from the 30mm's to 50mm's.
Do you happen to know what model of TSW rim they are?

StUpiD8000
02-26-2003, 01:51 PM
I like that car...Its really clean looking ....And the offset is in mm....4x100 is the lugs...

Vega88lxi
02-26-2003, 02:53 PM
Nice car. You got anymore pics of the lip? If its a universal lip that they cut down then why did you pay $400 for it? That seems a lttile expense since I see Carbon Fiber lips on Ebay for like $200. Let me know.

crwa
02-26-2003, 03:01 PM
The rims are called Trophys. And the lip was so expensive because its real carbon fiber plus I had to pay the shop to cut and attach it to the bumper plus I had to buy the stabolizers which hold it and allow it to be adjusted up or down for down force.

87AccordsterLx
02-26-2003, 03:05 PM
damn are those 30 series tires??? 215/30-18s??? You must have terrible ride quality... looks very clean though... I love the lip.

crwa
02-26-2003, 03:09 PM
Nope. 215/35- 18''. And ride it just the same as any other low profile tire. The suspension is what sucks it so stiff so an little bump is felt. And even with these large tires my car will still probably run 16's in the quarter, even though its an auto. its still damn quick

Vega88lxi
02-26-2003, 03:18 PM
Do you have any pics from the side with the lip on?

Grant2k
02-26-2003, 04:19 PM
the lip doesn' wrap around the sides and i think that makes it look a little wierd from the sides. it looks great from the front, i just noticed that you really can see it in the side pics, it's just sort of sticks out wierd. it would look better if it wrapped around like most lips, but i still like it. i wouldn't put one on my car, but i like it.

Neuspeed007
02-26-2003, 06:45 PM
very nice looking car. Once again the a nice looking 4 door.

carlessNcareless
02-26-2003, 07:04 PM
whoa, i was just wondering, does that fake carbon fiber automatic shift knob make it shift any faster due to it being so lightweight..i would think some1 who can afford brand enw TSW 18's you could afford a real carrbon fiber lip, but instead i realized youve spent all your money on ricnig that shit out, with that aweosme chrome fire extinguisher and fake ass japanese license plate, i may not have a damn car, but any1 can crush that shit

oh and what the hell is with that one race seat look bullshit? every1 you see where you live has it liek that? do you live in a trailer park? shell out the extra cash and get the toher seat dumbass

crwa
02-26-2003, 07:37 PM
Hey carless.. you know I could just get all mad, but you have your opinion and you know what thats fine, when you get a car, come to my trailer park race me and after that you can do my dog, since us trailer trash just do that. You know what I like my car and the lip is real carbon fiber, the shift knob isn't cause they don't make real carbon fiber shifters. But when they do I'll get one just for you for you, cause I don't dis on people like you, I'm better then that. Oh the plate is real it came off a wrecked accord form Japan, you know that island where rice comes from. Oh maybe I'll send you the money I saved from my fake carbon fiber so you can go to school and learn how to spell.

Don't post on my car again!!!

87accordlxi
02-26-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by carlessNcareless
whoa, i was just wondering, does that fake carbon fiber automatic shift knob make it shift any faster due to it being so lightweight..i would think some1 who can afford brand enw TSW 18's you could afford a real carrbon fiber lip, but instead i realized youve spent all your money on ricnig that shit out, with that aweosme chrome fire extinguisher and fake ass japanese license plate, i may not have a damn car, but any1 can crush that shit

oh and what the hell is with that one race seat look bullshit? every1 you see where you live has it liek that? do you live in a trailer park? shell out the extra cash and get the toher seat dumbass

expressing a negative opinion is fine, but disrespecting another member's tastes and hard work is unacceptable on this board. keep it up and you'll be looking for a new board that perhaps will be more accomodating to flaming other members.

crwa
02-26-2003, 07:58 PM
Thanks 87. I totally agree, I've spent alot of time and money on my car and I love it. But if someone doesn't like it they don't have to say stuff like that, thanks for backin me up

original2k
02-26-2003, 08:11 PM
yo man your car is awesome, i like it for pure originality, keep doing your thing and it's good to see that your bigger than that, what's up with that guy anyway? not trying to knock him either but u really can't say anything if u don't have a car, that was just plain childish altogether

Grant2k
02-26-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by crwa
Hey carless.. you know I could just get all mad, but you have your opinion and you know what thats fine, when you get a car, come to my trailer park race me and after that you can do my dog, since us trailer trash just do that. You know what I like my car and the lip is real carbon fiber, the shift knob isn't cause they don't make real carbon fiber shifters. But when they do I'll get one just for you for you, cause I don't dis on people like you, I'm better then that. Oh the plate is real it came off a wrecked accord form Japan, you know that island where rice comes from. Oh maybe I'll send you the money I saved from my fake carbon fiber so you can go to school and learn how to spell.

Don't post on my car again!!!
i respect that you don't want to retaliate, but you did. you contradicted yourself and you did "dis" him. your reply was almost as childish as his.

Mike's89AccordLX
02-26-2003, 09:04 PM
I have to totally give you props for the work done to your car man. I only don't like one thing though, the interior was hypnotising me dude. All that carbon fiber stuff was making me dizzy. I know what you mean by it's better than black b/c I'm trying to figure out what to do with my interior. And I would like to know what's wrong with one racing seat? Would it be better to spend over $1000 on 4 seats for the car? I would only put one or two in my car like you did. I didn't see the JDM plates but I'll look again. I would like to know what that breather filter is doing by the battery. Does it serve a purpose? I have an extra that's why i'm asking :D Where did you buy that lip, that looks so tight. Nice looking car you got there, keep it up dude.

iloveJDMblackrims69
02-26-2003, 09:17 PM
HEY DUDE........SWEET CAR!! LOVE THE COLOR AND RIMS......BUT only negative thought about it is its AUTO...im curious...why'd you do it to an auto? and HOW MUCH YOU SELLIN THAT FOR..IM JW...NICE CAR THOUGH MAN KEEP IT UP

crwa
02-26-2003, 09:31 PM
Dude, It's quick for an auto. I can beat and keep up with some of the 5 speed around here, and they have some add ons, no there not just 5 speed Geos either. I'm tryin to get $4800 out of it right now. I know that sounds high, but it has alot of money in it, at least that price right now. And I did it to an auto becauses you can make autos fast and I plan to convert it to a 5 speed later if i keep it. I'm thinkin about doin a swap with an H22 or an F23 sohc vtec, if i do the F motor I'm gonna do a custom turbo and run a dry nitrious set up on it, then it will be really fast, but the f23 would be on an auto trans, the H would be on a 5 speed, and they are really fast, I'd get the jdm version which has 200 hp stock, it would then be fully built and I'd do a stage 2 clutch and run nos. I have a few shops lookin into it right now, the f23 set up would run about $4000. I'm also probably gonna add an lcd screen and a vcr, so when I do get beat I can just watch a movie afterward

Jims 86LXI HB
02-26-2003, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by 87accordlxi
expressing a negative opinion is fine, but disrespecting another member's tastes and hard work is unacceptable on this board. keep it up and you'll be looking for a new board that perhaps will be more accomodating to flaming other members.

Agreed:werd:

A20A1
02-27-2003, 02:55 AM
The only trouble with auto is the lack of a solid 1st gear like there is a 2nd gear. Other wise manually shifting the auto from second to third to fourth makes a big difference. Also with a little work I've managed to dump the TV cable and replaced it with a more driver friendly High / Low lever which basicly switches the car from an early shifting econo box to a high reving circuit beast.
... With other modifications like 2 B&M trans coolers and Trick Shift ATF.

As for there only being one Racing seat. Unless you're doing rally or something that requires a co-driver... I wouldn't see the need for a second seat. So I'm cool with that... plus I love the black look and that its non-reclinable. Have you thought about routing the seat belt on the door side thru the slots on that side of the seat? Cause I'm sure if you unbolt it you could pass one side of the belt thru... that should keep you held in the seat fairly tight.

(I think its called an adjustable CF Front spoiler, not a lip or air dam... just letting you know.)
I wish the front spoiler was a little lower, like adding a 2" lip between the stock bumper and the front spoiler... but other wise I like it.

Oh I like your shift knob as well cause I had a wooden one simmilar to that but I ended up cutting my shifter a few inches shorter and adding a straight top button style auto shift knob instead.

joker2
02-28-2003, 07:16 AM
Yo, I just wanted to say that I'm digg'n your ride man......... That carbon fiber is a nice touch but if you're going to do it then you have to go all out......... Like save up for the CF hood and try and do the interior in black with CF inserts here and there......... The paint and rims are nice so just think about it and you'll see what I'm talking about.......:D http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL114/955196/1764749/20863918.jpg

Zwaag
02-28-2003, 12:57 PM
just plain pimp:pimp:

HondaBoy
02-28-2003, 03:02 PM
i know this is a lil late. but the thing with that back seats seam spliting is not too good. i had tried to sew mine back and it started to tear up more. i just got a new fold down part of the seat.

wprocomp
02-28-2003, 03:11 PM
nice car:D it is a nice and clean car and I think its done right.I have some adhesive carbon fiber material too,I should start using the rest.tip:I put the carbon fiber material over my plastic door lenses on the front,it makes it look nice,it would look good on your car too.

nos---->
02-28-2003, 07:44 PM
Man that lip is off the chain man the carbon fiber looks sweet with the color of his car and that engine is smokin man nice car

A20A1
04-03-2003, 12:08 AM
U selling the seat seperate or with the car?

Guyver007
04-03-2003, 02:23 AM
Crap that is yet the nicest freaking 3rd gen ive seen.. Pure amazment , can i have it? ill be your maid for a few weeks . lmao love the engine pure beauty in the engine bay, one thing tho, i didnt like the filter looks nice just not my style.

crwa
04-03-2003, 11:15 AM
If your my bitch for like 4 years you can have it. You'll have to see the engine now, it looks so much better then it did in these pictures.

crwa
04-03-2003, 11:17 AM
Oh, the seats not goin with the car unless I get my asking price. I'll probably take it out and put in the next car I get. I really do love the seat, it's probably the best thing I ever bought for my car. It was actually my graduation present to myself.